How to Use Mini OSD for PIxhawk 2.4.8 Video Streaming

Hi Sir @dkemxr, yes I will buy like this one right? For my action camera, so that the video will display on my Mission Maker app. Also, is it okay to use still the telemetry? Which brings me to this question, how can I use telemetry receiver for me to use the Mission Planner App? at the same time the FPV Receiver? in one phone?

That cable will output the video signal from the GoPro then you need a video transmitter with a receiver that will connect to your phone via OTG. This has all been covered already in this thread.

Telemetry is a different transmitter/receiver. This is typically done with 433 or 915Mhz radios. The air side connects to a serial port on the Pixhawk and the ground side connects to the PC via USB.

Will the video receiver that connected on my phone can also operate the Mission Maker App for Ardupilot? So that it will display the video to this “No Video” black screen? and Can I create mission using this video Receiver connected to my phone through mission maker? Im a bit confused because Im using Telemetry to on my phone to create mission loiter to rtl. Sorry. :frowning:

Yes it will

Yes you will see live video there

No you need telemetry for creating mission

At all telemetry is for commutating with drone ,and video rx , tx is JUST for sending and receiving video

If thats the case, How can I use both at the same time the use of telemetry to arm/Create mission/Take off the drone on Mission Maker app and use video receiver to see the video feed on the Mission Maker App? :frowning:

I don’t know if Mission Maker will accept video via OTG. If it says it supports UVC video then it might work. I use QGroundControl on Mobile devices but it does not suport UVC video.

For both telemetry and UVC video to work you would need an OTG hub to connect both the video receiver and the telemetry ground radio. I don’t know if this would work. If one of the sources was Wifi it could work but the range would be limited. For telemetry you could use a ESP8266 radio good to ~150m max. I use these on most craft only for configuration, mission upload and log download. But at your level of knowledge you may struggle getting it to work.

as @dkemxr said you need an OTG hub to connect telemetry and video receiver
and i can confirm that mission maker for ardupilot working with telemetry and video receiver at the same time

Wow, something like this right Sir? This is just a example, only one micro male usb, couldnt find one that has 2 female micro usb to connect the telemetry and video receiver.

By the way sir, do you happen to know the capability height the Video Receiver and Ground Telemetry can communicate with the Flying Drone? Thanks.

this hub will finish the job well because you dont need 2 female micro usb
with a 100mw telemetry i can reach 500m altitude with out any signal lose

Yes Sir, I forgot. I only connected usb cable on the telemetry ground to connect to my phone, it is indeed USB capable.

It sounds like you have a good plan to move forward with. Good luck!

And regarding the flight performance you posted the log for in the other thread. I agree with Hosein that everything looks good.

1 Like

Hi Sirs, thank you so much for all the advices and suggestions you give it means a lot. One last thing before I purchase anything, are this 3 items need for my video feeding compatible with each other?

FPV Cable (My Action Cam uses Micro USB)

FPV Video Receiver:

FPV Receiver:

Do I still need extra cable? Did I missed anything? This is all what I need for video feeding on my phone?

Thanks.

Hello @banjing
They are all what you need to make a fpv

Great, they’re all compatible with each other? Do you think my drone has a capability enough to use in real time project like checking towers?

Sir, do I need to use also this one?

Because Im not sure where to connect the power of the FPV cable from my Action Cam? Since the other one is to the video output of the Transmitter. And the transmitter has also has a power connector. Cannot visualize it.

yes they’re all compatible with each other

no you dont need this
this cable will do anything with your action camera (if your action camera is gopro)

But you sad I need FPV Transmitter Lead right? If I will be using Action Camera like GoPro? So, those 3 things above is needed?

yes all of them are needed