How to setup mission planner and pixhawk without a radio and receiver

hey im using pixhawk 4 on a hexacopter but i didnt add a receiver and a controller because my drone is fully autonomous so when i want to setup the mission planner the led light flashes in yellow and it says radio fail, can anyone tell me how to fully setup the mission planner without a receiver and a controller ?

There are a few parameters you will need to set:

1. FS_THR_ENABLE: Throttle Failsafe Enable
    The throttle failsafe allows you to configure a software failsafe activated by a setting on the throttle input channel
    Set to 0 for 'Disabled’

2. ARMING_CHECK: Arm Checks to Peform (bitmask)
    Checks prior to arming motor. This is a bitmask of checks that will be performed before allowing arming. The default is no checks, allowing arming at any time. You can select whatever checks you prefer by adding together the values of each check type to set this parameter. For example, to only allow arming when you have GPS lock and no RC failsafe you would set ARMING_CHECK to 72. For most users it is recommended that you set this to 1 to enable all checks.
    Set to ‘72’ for all but RC. It is not recommended that you disable any arming checks. In your special use case, you need to disable RC arming check. Do not disable any other arming checks. This parameter is best set with mission planner’s check boxes in one of the user/advanced parameters page without having to try to figure out what the bitmask should be and editing it in the parameters.

3. [Optional] FLTMODE_CH: Flightmode channel
    RC Channel to use for flight mode control
    Set to 0 for ‘Disabled’ - your GCS will always be able to set flight modes

2 Likes

thanks for your help, but from were can i apply these instructions? i’m new in using the pixhawk and mission planner

Maybe it is better if you read trough the docs to get an idea of how it works and how to setup.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/introduction.html

regards

1 Like

And think about getting an RC System anyway. Before you fly autonomously you need to configure and tune the craft for stable flight. Or you will be back here asking why it crashed.

2 Likes

There’s a question about failsafe on telemetry.
How to configure rth if telemerty link is lost? (suppose I have no radio)

Is this discussion is copter-specific or could be applied to plane also?

Thanks!

FS_GCS_ENABLE with the options shown. Plane is handled a bit differently with some other parameters.

GCS%20FS

Great thanks!
Could you tell please how to configure it for plane?

Regards

The easiest way for you to understand this is to load the Plane in Mission Planner Simulator and review the parameters. There are descriptions for most.

Will follow this way… I’m really beginning un ardupilot world :slight_smile:

You can setup a joystick or game pad and test many functions in Ardupilot in the simulator. I use a Logitech game pad. It’s not great but it works. Or you can configure and run an Auto Mission with no input device with the functions on the Actions tab.

I’d tead a complete parameter list and now it is clear how to configure no radio flying for plane :slight_smile:

Hello guys

I am using pixhawk without radio/receiver and I have a question.

Does anyone know if is possible to fly in Loiter mode without radio?
So far I just used AUTO and RTL, but sometimes I would like to stop the drone where it is and then resume the mission.

Is it possible and safe? Or I should use the Guided mode?

Thanks

Hi! You used joystick on Android? Thx!

No. I played around with a game controller in Mission Planner with a rover. It worked OK.