How to methodically configure and tune any ArduCopter

How exactly are you installing the software? Which version of the software are you using?

Version 0.2.2 can now autodetect ArduPlane without requiring the -t ArduPlane command line parameter if an FC is connected.

1 Like

That table in your link was EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you!

1 Like

testing of the radio failsafe and rc failsafe?

Thanks @DavidBuzz I’ll add that

@rmackay9 for the impatient users I now added a path to jump from section 3.2 into section 12 skipping the optimization steps in between and trading-off complexity and comprehension with simplicity and speed.

I also added a quicktune step at the end of section 3.2 to reduce the risk of the second (MAGFit) flight.

1 Like

Radio Failsafe was already on section 2.10 and I now added it to section 2.4 as well. Thanks.

@amilcarlucas,

OK, sounds good! Thanks!

Please forgive my newbie question, but I’m experiencing trouble on what appears to be a Python related installation issue. Can someone tell me how to handle this error output during MethodicConfiguratorWinBuild…

C:\Windows>python.exe -m pip install . --user
ERROR: Directory ‘.’ is not installable. Neither ‘setup.py’ nor ‘pyproject.toml’ found.

Thanks for your kind help

On windows you should use the provided .exe installer. Do not try to install python manually.

Thanks a lot Lucas for your quick reply… I was doing it the laborous way and did not even notice there was an exe windows file readily available.

Downloaded and operational now. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @amilcarlucas and the other contributors for this excellent guide.

Just a little side note:

Meanwhile there is an “Ultralight” version of that Helical H-RTK F9P available, that will save some significant amount of weight for such a small build.

1 Like

Can someone give me a hand?I’m dealing with a problem.
VTOL-expo.lua failed
use cuav pixhawk v6x flight control,firmware version arducopter 4.5.1
GCS message
2024/4/26 17:35:29 : Throttle disarmed
2024/4/26 17:35:25 : RC6: MotorEStop HIGH
2024/4/26 17:35:05 : tempt to call a nil value (method ‘get_accel_ef’)
2024/4/26 17:35:05 : Internal Error: /APM/scripts/VTOL-expo.lua:188: at
2024/4/26 17:35:04 : Throttle armed
2024/4/26 17:34:59 : Expo: Must be flying to tune

Your RC “emergency stop switch” is active. Disable that arm and takeoff.
That should clear the errors.

The error occurred before takeoff, and the engine shutdown occurred after landing, preventing the ground from bouncing

Do you have a link for that Ultralight version?

1 Like

We changed the ESC, Motor and Prop for better models.

After that we followed the Blog post again, from start to finish and updated all the files.

We now got:

• roll attitude p = 36 (the maximum is 36)
  • pitch attitude p = 36 (the maximum is 36)
  • yaw attitude p = 29,6 (the maximum is 36)

And that using an aggressiveness of 0.085 (below default)

So basically optimal results with minimal effort, the software automated most of the steps.

We re-wrote section 2.16 with motor thrust stand data

1 Like

The title was confusing some users, so changed it to better reflect what this Blog post is about.