Help me tune 13” Quad

Hello.
I finished the roll and pitch during automatic tuning
Auto tuning for YAW was not completed.
Notch filtration was not performed.
In addition, some yawing was observed after takeoff from the interior to Stabilize Mode.
The specifications of my quad are as follows.

1. CUAV V5+
    1. GPS Neo V2
    1. DJI E800 Motor
    1. 1345 Prop
  1. X-frame 800 mm

Horizontal adjustment for Motor Mount has been completed.
Yawing phenomenon? (Slight movement of yaw) and please help with Auto-Tune’s problem solving method for Yaw.
I think once the problem with the yawing phenomenon is solved, Autotune will also be solved.

※ Log file: AutoTune / Indoor Flight Test

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a7kvcWnayUPAAq8NKxffr7sTwJdmXl-s?usp=sharing

First I would fix this Yaw bias and it’s looks a bit overweight/underpowered as the average output is ~1650µs.

Then configure the notch filter which is part of basic pre-auto tune tuning and run Auto Tune again. Did you perform the Magfit procedure?

Hello. Thank you for your answer.

I have a question.

1. How do I modify Yaw Bias?
    I turned the frame upside down, settled the Motor, and leveled it. Is there any other way?

2. Are you talking about CompassMot on this site for the magfit item?
    Advanced Compass Setup — Copter documentation

3. Is the notch filter set to INS_LOG_BAT_MASK = 1 only in Harmonic Notch Filtering on the tuning page or should I do it by referring to the site below?
    Managing Gyro Noise with the Dynamic Harmonic Notch Filters — Copter documentation

I’m a newbie to drones. Please help me.

That method can work but it didn’t in your case. Try a spirit level on the Square section of the motor mount maybe.

It’s not only for CompassMot it’s for basic compass calibration also. You can use MAXExplorer or the Webtool Webtools

Set these 2 parameters and make a simple hover flight in AltHold for a minute or so and use that log again using Webtools.
INS_LOG_BAT_MASK,1
INS_LOG_BAT_OPT,4

Thank you.
I’ll set it up as you told me, and post the log record after the flight.

Set this before doing so:
INS_ACCEL_FILTER,10

All right.
I’ll try again as it says on the tuning page.

I don’t understand the additional questions you answered. Is there a site I can refer to?
(It’s not only for CompassMot it’s for basic compass calibration also. You can use MAXExplorer or the Webtool Webtools)

Magfit using MAVExplorer Magfit
Using Webtools Magfit

If you get stuck post a log of a flight with some figure 8’s and throttle changes and we can help you out. You could do this flight right after the hover flight and link to both identified logs.

Thank you.
First of all, I will post the log record after flying as you told me.

Thank you always.

As you told me, I set up and flew.

1. Yaw Bias: Corrected again using a horizontal meter.

1. AltHold Flight
    • notch filter INS_LOG_BAT_MASK = 1
    • INS_LOG_BAT_OPT = 4
    • INS_ACCEL_FILTER = 10
      After setting up like this, I flew AltHold for a minute. After the flight, I did Autotune on the Yaw axis
      Autotune for Yaw has been successful.
    1. Loiter Flight
      Tested with a Loiter flight to Autotune. The movement to Yaw has disappeared, and I’m still a beginner, but I’m happy with the flight results.

However, I would like to learn a little more from you rather than just the results like this. It can be a long article, and there may be parts you don’t understand, but I want to learn a little more.

Please take a look at the log and let me know if there is anything else that needs to be fixed and added.

Also, I’d like to know how I can see and analyze the logs I need for this quadcopter.
Please let me know what I should look at and study.
We always appreciate your kind response and interest.

※ I couldn’t perform the notch filter part because I didn’t understand it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a7kvcWnayUPAAq8NKxffr7sTwJdmXl-s?usp=sharing

Set these Notch filter parameters:
Notch

You still have the Yaw bias. Try swapping props or a new set of props if you believe the motors are level. When you review the log use the same parameters I show here and the goal is for all 4 to roughly overlay in a hover condition.

Those long articles already exist in the Arducopter documentation I’m not going to repeat them here.

Downloading and analyzing logs

After correcting the Yaw bias and configuring the Notch filter run another Auto Tune in all axis. I still think your craft is overweight/underpowered but it might be OK. If you see “thrust loss” errors in the log you will have to address this.

Agree. You should expect the motor PWM to be close to each other. What is your yaw input? is CH4 stick trim to the center?

Hello, Dave
Long time no see

My flight test was delayed due to another project. Sorry

I made some changes to Motor and Prop.
Motor changed from E800 to T-motor MN3510 360KV Motor, Prop changed from 1345 Prop to P14*4.5 Prop, and completed flight after performing Notch filter parameters as you told me

I fly on a windy day so I don’t know what the exact data will be like, but please look at the log, correct it, and let me know if there’s anything I need to add
Thank you at all times.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a7kvcWnayUPAAq8NKxffr7sTwJdmXl-s?usp=drive_link

There is still a Yaw Bias. You picked up a bit more thrust/weight so that’s better.

The Notch filter is close. make these minor changes:
Notch

And set this, INS_ACCEL_FILTER,10

The tune looks OK, but you still need to address the Yaw bias.

Hello, Dave

As you told me, I completed the notch filtering configuration and conducted three flights.
The first is an alt-hold flight
The second one is hovering
The third one was a free flight

Look at the log and let me know if there’s anything I need to fix

What I’m curious about is that when you look at the notch filter and look at the log records, please let me know what you see and how you judge

For your information, the Yaw bias is constantly being revised,
It keeps changing every time I do it, so I don’t think I can fix it with any more hardware
The pictures below are the ways to correct the Yaw bias

I’m always grateful, and I hope you’re healthy, thank you!! :smiley:

How to adjust Yaw deflection

Using an Electronic Protractor

Using a horizontal meter

Log Data
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a7kvcWnayUPAAq8NKxffr7sTwJdmXl-s?usp=drive_link

It looks like you have done everything possible to level the motors yet this still persists. Consider some usually unlikely possibilities:
ESC Calibration
Poor quality props where they don’t produce equal thrust. Perhaps change them.
A Yaw command (which I don’t see). But for the hell of it check to see if the Yaw trim on the radio is centered and perform another Radio Calibration.

The Notch Filter is working well. Open the AltHold file in the Filter Review Tool Check Linear Amplitude Scale and Notch Tracking, show Notch one. Then look at Pre-Filter and Post Filter in the graph. You will see it well configured.

The tune looks good. The Y-vibes are a bit high and maybe that’s related to the props.