Servers by jDrones

Help installing APSync on RaspPi4 with Raspbian Buster

The documentation says to use a disc image to use APSync with RaspPi3 but there are no instructions on how to set it up manually. I’d like to install it on a RaspPi4 with the latest Raspbian Buster OS. I tried using an image provided by Stephen Dade here New APSync Build for Raspberry Pi but my Pi was non-responsive with that image.
Can anybody guide me through installing APSync manually?
Thanks

For the APSync you referenced above, there’s instructions over at GitHub: https://github.com/stephendade/apsync-Kakute#running

Hi Stephen. I’m trying to follow your instructions. Main1 executes fine and the pi reboots. Main2 fell over at ‘sudo apt upgrade -y’ with the error ‘E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run ‘sudo dpkg --configure -a’ to correct the problem.’ Running that command solved that problem. Later in this script I was asked for the password for user ‘pi’ so I entered it and then the script seemed to stop. I ran the script line by line and it seemed to complete. Main3 ran without issues.

I started with a fresh full install of raspbian buster. The ardupilot access point is visible from my phone. Are there any checks I can run to test that all is installed correctly?

Many thanks
Steve

Connect to the ardupilot access point and confirm:

1. Website is up and running at http://10.0.1.128
  2. Confirm you can connect to the telemetry via UDP IP 10.0.1.128, port 14550

Thanks Stephen. I can view the website but I don’t have the drone at present in order to connect the raspberry pi to - I guess thats why I can’t successfully connect via UDP?

Once this is working correctly I want to be able to connect when the raspberry pi is connected to the internet via a 4G dongle. Are you able to give me any tips on how to achieve this? Will I need to write a server program to act as an intermediary between the pi and my laptop?

Correct

You will need a VPN or similar (such as Zerotier) to network your laptop and Pi together. You should then just be able to connect to the Pi’s IP address on the VPN, port 14550 to get telemetry.

Servers by jDrones