HELP - First Flight

Hi @smartdave
i modified this parameters on my AC 3.6.11:
Next days i take off and i post my impressions.
Thank’s

Did you Modify these as well?

• [INS_ACCEL_FILTER] : 10Hz to 20Hz
  • [INS_GYRO_FILTER] : 80Hz for 5 inch props, 40Hz for 10 inch props, 20Hz for 20 inch props
  • ATC_RAT_PIT_FILT : [INS_GYRO_FILTER] / 2
  • ATC_RAT_RLL_FILT : [INS_GYRO_FILTER] / 2
  • ATC_RAT_YAW_FILT : 2

Try these, assuming you have 15 inch props - I dont think you mentioned prop size:
MOT_THST_EXPO 0.71
INS_ACCEL_FILTER 20
INS_GYRO_FILTER 24
ATC_RAT_PIT_FILT 12
ATC_RAT_RLL_FILT 12
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILT 2
ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX 76000
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX 76000
ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX 23000
ACRO_YAW_P 2.56

Hi @smartdave

• [INS_ACCEL_FILTER]: da 10Hz a 20Hz OK
  • ATC_RAT_PIT_FILT: INS_GYRO_FILTER / 2 OK = 10Hz
  • ATC_RAT_RLL_FILT: INS_GYRO_FILTER / 2 OK = 10Hz
  • ATC_RAT_YAW_FILT: 2 OK

I modified parameters.

Thank’s @smartdave

Hi @xfacta
thank’s for your reply.
My props is carbon fiber 1355 RCTimer.
I calculated parameters whit curves for 13’.

It’s ok for you?

Have you like any suggestions?

Thank’s friend

You picked the right parameters. Have you had a chance to test fly with the new settings?

Thank’s @smartdave

Unfortunately not …
Here for three days thunderstorms and wind …
:frowning:

We have snow/rain and Ice here so I understand

Hi friend,
unfortunately bad news. I tried to take off in Althold. The drone got up about a meter and almost immediately fell and the two front esc began to smoke on fire. The drone was saved thanks to the tie rope. But I must say that he got up correctly and leveled. Why did the front esc burn out? I can understand the defect on one esc but not on two. Thanks friends
2020-02-07 16-55-08.bin (776 KB)
@smartdave @dkemxr @xfacta

A blown ESC is either defective ESC or shorted motor winding.
You’ll need to get better quality ESCs and maybe bench test those motors too. Run them for a while like with the compass-motor procedure - move props around one position and flip them upside down so they pushing down. Use the missionplanner motor test to provide load on the motors and ESCs to test them properly without flying and crashing.
Personally I’d recommend the genuine Hobbywing Xrotor ESCs, don’t get them through banggood.

What ESC’s and motors do you have? All I see in previous posts is 710kv motors. Hopefully not the generic “SimonK 30A” with red or yellow shrink tube!

Hi friend,
thank’s for reply @xfacta,
Original site hobbykwng Is:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com
Correct?
I tested this motors and this esc whit virtual flights of 5 Min. tested linked to bank whit maximal current of 18A and no problem releved.
I think possible a peak current hard to the esc caused burn.
Esci Is Readytosky 30a black color.

Hi @dkemxr
my esc Is Readytosky 30a black shrink tube.
My motors RCtimer X4 710kv.

@Sicildroni

My guess is something Mechanical or Soldering. I can’t see how your current draw in a hover would be more than 5-8amps. Way less than the ESCs are capable of.

Are you sure the ESCs/Wiring was not damaged from the times when it flipped over?

Hi @smartdave
since the last time i have nothing made changes to the take-off attempts in Stabilize.
Could it be a problem for esc? Of course only the two fronts is strange…
The wiring seems OK.

These? Those are old school ESC’s, Rather than replace the 2 smoked ones replace them all with some newer tech more efficient ones.

1 Like

Yes @dkemxr
are they!

Well, you have a decent investment in the craft so consider replacing them. Shawn’s suggestion of Hobbywings is good. Or some branded BLHeli_32 ESC’s.

1 Like

Hi @xfacta,
I think ti buy this 40a

Another demand Friends
This esc Is good for you?
Is Better of Readytosky?

Thank’s friend