Servers by jDrones

Heli Setup page and Helicopter 4.0.0 fw

Heli Setup page looks disable when updating to new firmware 4.0.0

Upgrade MP (beta):

@danielhellin and @Webillo Yes, we are working on getting a heli page working again. I am considering removing the old page altogether (the first image in @Webillo post) and replacing it with the 2nd image in @Webillo post. This is consistent with the page in QGround Control and hopefully will be more easily maintained as there is no special graphics. Also there are many outdated options on the old heli page. For instance, it shows only two swashplate types which is no longer true with 4.0 It also shows the old V curve for the throttle curve. That has been replaced by a 5 point spline throttle curve.

So unless I hear a compelling reason that the old page must be kept, I am recommending that it be removed and the new page be the only heli page option in Mission Planner.

Regards,
Bill Geyer
TradHeli Maintainer

1 Like

Great work. I am not at all an helicopter expert, but second page is more clear.

A great thing about Tradheli is that knowing almost nothing about helicopters I could do a mission on the first trial (on a windy day), although there was a ROI forgotten problem.

@Webillo and @bnsgeyer thanks for you replies.

In fact, I have installed MP beta and I have both pages of heli setup. The second it is perfect, no complex graphics control are needed, just all concerning parameters in a sight.

When your are working in field, searching parameters by typing can be a cause of mistake

@danielhellin I will warn you that there are some problems with that page. The stabilize collective (IM_STAB) Params are not mapped correctly and this will not set the Params properly and all of the pull down selections always show the default value and not the current value. So I am working with @Michael_Oborne to get those issues corrected for the next release.
Regards,
Bill

@bnsgeyer Thank you. I will use parameter list until stable release.

Servers by jDrones