Has anyone looked at adding support for the BetaFPV V3 1s 12A AIO?

Thank you. It looks like the 1M boards may insufficient for use with our Vicon system. I don’t see any common FC’s with more than 1 Mb yet.

You mean AIO? There used to be the BeastH7 but they are now discontinued.

The baro setup was wrong, I have updated the PR and the attached firmware images

PIX4 etc… also but too expensive

And they are too massive. We want to work on algorithms of many participants so they have to be small to fit in the lab.

Do you need an AIO? Lot’s of options if you supply a separate 4-in-1 ESC

Ideally an AIO and preferably 1s for minimal weight and ease of maintaining a “fleet”. I also want them to be low mass for safety of people in the lab. I’ve built a few configurations so far. I have one that uses a 2s FC and individual 1s ESCs. I have a buck converter suppling the FC. One downside is that the voltage seen by the FC isn’t the battery voltage so failsafes don’t work.

I can settle for 2s if the other criteria are close to what’s desired. I don’t need high dynamic performance BTW. What would you recommend?

Yeas 2S is harder especially if you are using LiIon - a lot of the ESCs advertise 2S but it’s really only 2S LiPo. For sure 1s AIOs are good - but I don’t know of any with 2Mb flash.

2S is out of my comfort zone. For flight controller I would try this one - Kakute H7 Mini – Holybro and for ESC I have a client who used this one with LiIon - BLS 8B 35A 4IN1 ESC - you would need to flash BlueJay to get RPM filtering

So I bought this board and have positive indications for optical flow.

I’m getting unexpected motor mapping with 4.4 though. These are the settings I had to use to get the correct mapping:
SERVO1_FUNCTION,36
SERVO2_FUNCTION,39
SERVO3_FUNCTION,38
SERVO4_FUNCTION,33

Is that legal - having motor numbers above 4 for a quad?

Motor numbers should be 33-36. The other person I did the port for had no issues - try resetting the parameters and see if you end up with the right order.

I will do that and let you know. Thank you.

I found the problem by looking in the configuration export. I configured with Mission Planner’s setup page and must have missed that the frame_type is correct (1) but the frame_class was wrong (4).

Sorry for the mistake, but thank you for confirming that something was wrong.

So you picked Betaflight/X for the frame_class?

Not intentionally. I thought I selected a vanilla quad since my initial focus was getting the optical flow to show the desired indications on the status page. Once that was working I went back to complete setup so I could actually fly it. That’s when I hit this hurdle.

The reason I ask is that the hwdef sets the FRAME_TYPE to 12 - this should be the right type for the motor order and the when you set FRAME_CLASS to 1 all should be correct. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Ok. I’ll test that. Would you like me to reload the firmware or just reset parameters?

Try flashing it fresh bootloader and all

Ok, clean install does indeed set FRAME_CLASS, FRAME_TYPE to: 1, 12

And the correct motors turn?

No, but my ESC board looks like:
___ ^___
2 _____ 4
1 _____ 3

So I set FRAME_TYPE = 1 and
Servo 1 - motor2
Servo 2 - motor3
Servo 3 - motor4
Servo 4 - motor1

I haven’t tried another choice to see if the directions are more favorable, but I don’t see a choice with the correct order.