Has anyone looked at adding support for the BetaFPV V3 1s 12A AIO?

1 Like

If there is a betaflight config we can likely add it

1 Like

Dump for STM F405
Dump for Artery AT405

Thank you for adding that Alex.

Is that what you need @andyp1per?

By ā€œweā€ I meant in the general sense. I can give pointers to anyone who has one and wants to take a crack.

That would be great. I appreciate the help. I ordered one but havenā€™t received it yet.

The thing Iā€™m most wary of is the onboard SPI-based ExpressLRS Rx. I have the previous version FC (2.2 versus 3) and setup using Betaflight was totally different to an external serial one. I have never built any flavor of Ardupilot so I donā€™t know how such things are divided between the firmware itself versus configuration.

You need to be able to build ArduPilot. If itā€™s SPI based then that is not currently supported.

It says ELRS is serial connected rather than SPI which we do support fine - I did a port for a similar board

Ok thatā€™s great. I was going by the 2.2 version which is SPI.

I understand that Iā€™ll have to build the firmware. I was just pointing out that I havenā€™t done that before for Arducopter.

Ok, Iā€™ve received the FC board. Reading through the documentation for building custom targets, there seem to be choices for the OS on which to configure the environment. Which one is easiest for a noob? Is it possible to configure the Linux version for an Rpi4?

Not that I am aware of

So would you suggest the Windows environment then? The setup for any of them seems pretty involved so if oneā€™s better than the others Iā€™d rather start off there.

If you have windows then use WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) - itā€™s the easiest way and just requires the same setup as linux

Since the build system is Linux based it seemed more straightforward to run on Linux directly to me and I donā€™t want to keep of of the files that I may never use again on my PC, so I made a bootable external USB drive with Ubuntu on it.

I am up to the point of trying to build the first example in ardupilot/BUILD.md. ./waf list_boards works, but the configure command fails. "Could not find the program [ā€˜arm-none-eabi-arā€™]. Can someone help with this?

After I get through what Iā€™m assuming are installation / configuration problems, Iā€™ll be on to trying to customize for my hardware. I havenā€™t been able to find documentation for how to do that. I expect there is a board map that identifies where resources like the ESCs, barometer etc are located. Based on your initial comments there is already a 405-based target that can be edited?

Make sure you run ./Tools/environment_install/install-prereqs-ubuntu.sh then you should have all the dependencies you need

Thank you for your help.

I switched to the ā€œbuilding the codeā€ thread and forgot to finish ā€œsetting up the build environmentā€. Thank you for catching that. I was missing some Python libraries that are also probably taken care of by that step.

So once I get that figured out, which model were you referring to when you said youā€™d built something similar?

Where is the memory map (or however I customize it) that Iā€™ll need to edit?

Ah its an AT32 chip I had not spotted that. Thatā€™s not currently supported. There is a PR in the works, but not complete yet - I think you will have to wait until that is done.

There are two versions. I have the STM32F405 one.

Is there a betaflight config for the board?

Yes. The dump is attached to one of the first posts in this thread.