Has anyone looked at adding support for the BetaFPV V3 1s 12A AIO?

Should I submit the PR at the copter level or elsewhere?

https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/submitting-patches-back-to-master.html

Thanks again. I’m really not trying to avoid reading the documentation. There’s just so MUCH of it!!

I have a client who wants to try these, so I might have to accelerate this. Can you post the hwdef.dat and hwdef-bl.dat you currently have here?

@andyp1per @WAM2 Sorry for jump in. Can I add a PR for AOCODARC H743 Dual board, since it works pretty fine on my 4 motor quard?

Taobao AOCODARC H7Dual Board

(Attachment hwdef-bl.dat is missing)

(Attachment hwdef.dat is missing)

These are .dat files. I renamed so i could upload

1. List item
    hwdef.bin (2.8 KB)
    hwdef-bl.bin (847 Bytes)
1 Like

This thread is about a guided build (me following the build instructions with the help of a developer) of the firmware - not just a list of requests for them to build firmware for you.

1 Like

Also, I ran a distclean after creating the bootloader and then re-built the code. I got a very different result. Unfortunately I don’t have access to the board right now so maybe your client would like to try this: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/foptvcnau331n955jw8rg/BetaFPV-F405AIO_V3_bl.hex?rlkey=hd457cy6aydsgl6cu4iik68qx&dl=0

I have no way of knowing which serial port the ELRS RX is connected to - if anyone can figure that out it would be great.

Please give it a go - they had updated a couple of the components which I think is why yours did not boot

Once I can get to my board again I will figure it out with a meter and scope. I understand what the HAL is, but I haven’t spent time looking at the details of AP’s yet. I plan to go through the board with all of the comments and then look at this one to see if it matches my expectations.

My client got the board flying with that firmware - ELRS is on USART3

Oh, that’s great. Thank you for posting this.

Did you use my hwdefs or create them yourself? If you created your own, would you post so I can see the differences? I suspect this won’t be the last time I want to do this so I’d like to understand what’s going on. Also, if you created your own, on what did you base them?

BTW, The Pyrodrone page is incorrect as it shows ELRS as SPI which is from the 2022 version of the board - not the V3 which is serial as you’ve said.

In the end I recreated them. They are in the PR above

I found them in the Repo you created and have been looking at them and comparing them to mine. How did you create yours? Did you hand-edit previous ones or did you find another source of Betaflight info?

Started by using my conversion tool on the betaflight config

and then did you make changes by hand by looking at the pinout photos of the board?

Mostly looking at the photos and spec of the board and based on what I know about things that usually need changing

Ok thanks. I’ll study the diff

I want to connect two serial devices: a wifi bridge for control from a groundstation and an optical flow sensor. Looking at the pinout from the manufacturer UART1 and UART4 are wired to pads. Can I use them? The mapping you show in README.md says 1 is for GPS (which I won’t have because I want to drive it with MoCap as an alternative to optical flow) and 4 is for DJI which I also do not plan to use.

Yep you can use them for different stuff