Fighter VTOL 4+1 fixed wing

as I see, your scheme show power redundancy in many ways. For me, only with 2 x Mauch 003 - PL-200 you can fly with enough redundancy. About the servos seem that not receive power in any way.

Juan,

Thanks for your comment. To test my understanding: WouldnĀ“t you need PDB (Mauch 020) to gather the power from the 2x6S LiPos and distribute the power?

Also, dont the Cube -AUX Out- provide any power? How do you connect servos and control these?

Hi Joar

There are many ways to achieve this but in every case you have to supply power from the power module to the Main and Aux rail normally 5v as the outputs do not supply power to the servos, the power module will also supply power to the PWR1 and PWR2 inputs both have sense pins for voltage and current. I would also power all of my external components GPS Radio etc. independently as the Cube has limited capacity on the auxiliary bus

Here is one of mine with a power module

PB

And with a carrier board

CB

With the carrier board everything is integrated there is no need for external power supply boards or sensors there is an RFD radio underneath the Herelink is optional there are also connectors to allow for any Radio/RC system

3 Likes

Here can I get a carrier board like this to make assembly easier?

Also, can someone share cube settings for the 12S Figther VTOL? From the github of the manufacture the settings make plane very twitchy

We are going to be selling them early next year I will send you a PM I am currently fitting one in a Believer :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Please let me know ASAP, great work, looks very good! Selling from what location?

Nice one. One for me too!

@Jed_Freeman - this is exactly how I do it with my larger IMAC and Scale gas set up and something I understand. As people say, that power board is something that would definitely be of great interestā€¦

This looks interesting. Please send me a PM where I can get this and the price.
Thanks, Jore.

@Jed_Freeman

I am very interested in the carrier / power distribution board also. Please let me know when they are available.

Kind Regards,

Perry

Hi Perry

Will do itā€™s the power modules we canā€™t get they should be available around April I will let you know

Jed

Some really great builds in this thread. Can anyone who has taken time to refine their build and used their platform in the field give some ideas of performance figures?

Take off mass/usable payload
Batteries used
Take off altitude
Flight times
etc

1 Like

Guys, iā€™m trying a 12s setup which weights 11,5 kgs with the PNP provided motors and props (170kv, 20x6 props) with 2x tattu hv 17ah, and it barely hovers. if you are descending from a transition, going to land, or you put some yaw, you will descend with no or little control, even at full throttle (Q_Stabilize).
Thereā€™s simply no lifting power in this setup, it needs bigger props or higher KVs motors. Just to let you know. Maybe it can be fixed using the front push version 210kv as vertical motors as well.
Greg, or anyone with same setup, whatā€™s your thoughts/experience?

1 Like

How much is your hover current? What is the takeoff altitude?
If you have the flight control log, you can send it to me, and I will help you analyze the reason.

Not exactly the same setup mine weighs 11.6 kg
12s 2x22000 tattu I use these with 20x6.8 props
It has plenty of lift and good yaw response

1 Like

@makeflyeasy

altitude is 0 AMSL.
Hover current is about 20A, full throttle is 35A

do you use the 170kv version or the 320kv?

can you send param file?

I use the 170Kv I will will send you the param file tomorrow I am using 4.1.6 fw your hover current seems very low mine is 30A hover and about 43A Climbing, this is mine with 2 x Tattu 22000mAh at 11.6Kg

1 Like

You can send the multi-rotor flight control log to me for further analysis. Please check again that the battery voltage should be around 50V for 12S, or replace the battery and test again.

You can also take a video, I will see the specific flight situation