FC and ESC all in one supported by Arducopter

so wait what…your not talking about inverted flight yo mean a bi direction data transfer between the fc and esc…wow… Ok now I am paying attention.

I will admit when I saw bi-directional Dshot the 1st time I thought it was bi-directional motor operation also. But then I recalled that betaflight has had this for awhile and slapped my forehead :grinning:

is this function going to be available for all fc’s
Pixracer is what I am wondering about.

I’m using it with a PixRacer now. And the other cool thing is it’s with old Blheli_S ESC’s!! That’s almost another topic altogether but consider that blheli_S ESC’s have no telemetry port…

Anyway check out “Latest/Master” firmware depository, you will see a bunch of firmware targets with a bdshot suffix including PixRacer.

will do thanks Dave.
Will check wait till it’s part of the standard release…but very cool sounding.

iFlight BeastH7 seams nice!

PS. looks like it does not have a compass :frowning:

It would be great if you could connect a compass. I almost bought one for a sub 250g build.

Hey DAve why does the documentation say it has an OSD

IF it does how do you access it to configure it.

All these boards have that chip. Set the OSD_TYPE parameter to 1 and refresh and all kinds of parameters will show up. Configure the screen in Mission Planner from Config>Onboard OSD.

awesome thanks Dave…
OMG
OMG
This is awesome I had no idea this feature was there. This just removed another part from the small build I was considering. OMG Thank you Thank you Dave for putting me on to this.

OMG

It is amazing what’s packed into this board!

Dave is there an option for a safety switch.
I was going to put this in a small build but it just doesn’t work out and i ahve another machine I was going to order a pixracer for…but. I have this.
But I need a safety switch.

cheers

@rickyg32 The Arducopter Wiki says that it does but I don’t think so. Nothing abut it in the Hwdef file and there is no BRD_SAFETYENABLE parameter.

ya I didn’t think so.

Thanks man.

Did anyone get the Beast H7 to work? My board gets stuck at erasing. I’m tried both Betaflight and iNav to flash the firmware with bootloader.

It works fine for me - maybe try using dfu instead

Note that this board is not stable for me without this change:

Thanks a lot for your reply, I’ll check it out and keep you posted :slight_smile:

Regarding dkemxr post from Jan 21 - Good to know that there is no external I2C on the iFlight Beast boards, but the hardware descriptions on the Ardu forum state that they do have I2C for external compass. It would be good if someone could fix the hardware description. I nearly bought one, but would have been very disappointed when it arrived.

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-iflight-beastf7AIO.html

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-iflight-beasth7AIO.html

True, but it’s followed by a big Warning message box that it doesn’t. Hard to miss that.

v2 has i2c. Where do you think it says that i2c is supported on v1? I can’t see it