Edge Tx and Yaapu

Did you upgrade yaapu to 1.9.6?

1.9.5 is the latest. (As of Oct 22, 2022)

Where are you seeing 1.9.6?

Thanks…

He linked it for you. It’s the dev version and must be used under EdgeTX.

OK thanks - giving it a try now.

Did I miss it in the release notes or someplace that 1.9.5 and earlier do not work with EdgeTX? Yeesh I’ve spent a couple days trying to get 1.9.5 to work. Anyway, thanks guys.

P.S. Yes, it’s WORKING. Thanks again. Oh also, in the release notes (change log) for 1.9.6, it doesn’t mention that one of the changes is that 1.9.6 works with EdgeTX

It’s front and center in the notes that you linked on the main GitHub page.

Huh, yep I saw that a couple days ago. That link for 1.9.6, was the very first link I clicked on and installed on the radio after installing EdgeTX, and Yaapu didn’t work - are we sure the 1.9.6 link actually links to 1.9.6 as opposed to 1.9.5?

Thanks very much guys.

The link that @Allister shared is identical to the one in the repository’s README.md.

1 Like

OK. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

1 Like

@dkemxr
I just upgraded my perfectly running TX16S with EdgeTx 2.8.0 from OpenTx 2.3.9.
Now I am in the process of resetting all the widgets that includes Yaapu script.
I have downloaded Yaapu 1.9.6-dev but not exactly sure where and which files should be moved over to the SD card?
Here is the snap shot of my SD card:

and here are the files downloaded from GitHub:

The aircraft has Matek F765 running 4.2.3 FW and the receiver is TBS-Crossfire Nano.
I have lost RC control, but both the TBS crossfire module and Rx shows greenlight. Do I need to change the Serial_Protocol? Currently set to 23.

1st download the V2.0.0 beta 2 version from here:
Yaapu Dev

Then Extract the “Horus” Directory. Go to the “SD” subdirectory. Copy the contents of these Subdirectories (Images, Scripts and Widgets) to the same subdirectories on the radio. That’s it. In the Yaapu configuration script enable CRSF for telemetry to work.

No, that should work. RC_OPTIONS to 288?

1 Like

RC_Options is set to 258 at the moment.

You answered which file to extract, but where this extracted file resides on the SDcard meaning on the radio?
Under the script folder?

258 is good. It’s 256 plus whatever else you have/want.

Yes, to the SD card on the radio. Example:
From the Yaapu download you have SD>Scripts>Tools>3 lua files.
Copy these 3 files to the radio SD card >Scripts>Tools
Do the same for Images and Widgets. Those both have “yaapu” subdirectories. Copy the entire subdirectory.

Still No RC/Telemetry. I got the Yaapu to load correctly on the EdgeTX_radio (See pic below) and I also enabled CRSF support from the Yaapu Conf.

Some of my parameters are as follows which were working correctly on the OpenTx:
Using UART1 on Matek F765:
Serial2_Baud = 57
Serial2_Option = 0
Serial2_Protocol = 23
RSSI_Type = 3
RC_Protocol = 1
RC_Options = 258

Let’s get that sorted first.

Do you have any other serial ports set to RC-in? (SERIALx_PROTOCOL, 23)

Is the only thing you changed was the radio firmware? Did the new model transfer over the radio settings? Check that the first page of the model is still accessing the external CRSF module.

No other serial port is set to any value, all set to -1, except for Serial2 for CRSF, and Serial3 for GPS.
The only thing I did was switched over from OpenTx to EdgeTx…
TX16S first page the CRSF module is set externally.

258 sounds odd to me. Just for giggles can you try 256 or 288?

And power cycle everything.

I have tried 288, and yes I power cycle every single time both the radio and the FC by unplugging the USB.

BTW, I tested the Frsky R9 with my other plane and it worked out of the box, no issues.

What version of Crossfire are you using?

I suppose the Yaapu Crsf debug lua is reporting no data?

1 Like