Edge Tx and Yaapu

@dkemxr I have planes with Matek and Pixhawk based FC some using Frsky R9 module and some with CRSF. It seems CRSF is not working yet with 2.7.0, so I will wait till 2.8.0 is released and verified that it works.

I’m flying CRSF on 2.7.0. Not a lot of machines, but using both arducopter and betaflight, and it works. And I’m using Yaapu on the arducopter build. There are issues with the lua scripts when running both Yaapu and TBS Agent, so I’ll agree it’s not perfect.

Hi Allister and Dave,ive been away for a while health issues,does yappu work with edge 2.7 please using Horus rado,many thanks.

I can’t speak to the Horus, but I’m running Yaapu on my TX16S in Edge 2.7.0. You need to use the Dev version of Yaapu. 1.9.6 I think, but don’t hold me to that number.

I hope you’re feeling better!

1 Like

Thank you Allister,yea feeling about 98% now so want to build something,I hope you and your family are all well

1 Like

How bout Edge + ExpressLRS + Yaapu?

I tried asking Alex in the long blog thread, but I think my question got buried.

EDIT: I just answered this one for myself this afternoon. It works. I’m curious as to what telemetry rate settings work best for those who’ve tried it. 50Hz seems to be working fine for me (telemetry rate of 1:2 using ELRS 3.0-RC2, 100Hz full width/16 channel mode).

1 Like

A bit late to the part here but yes it does. I have 2 models on CRSF. They worked on 2.7.0 they work on 2.7.1. There is an annoying issue with lua scripting and the Crossfire Agent Lite app but it doesn’t prevent use. I’ll likely transition all from Frsky R9 over time.

I am using EdgeTX SD card, with edge

I am having a tough time with EDGE TX and 1.96 Dev version of Yaapu. I am using EdgeTx 2.71 (latest stable release) on a TX16S. I have it bound via a Frsky X6R in a Dragonlink Repeater with a Heltec ESP32 doing Mavlink to Sport conversion. This is a working setup that is working with a Horus X10S running Yaapu so I know there is not an issue with the repeater.

I cannot get Yaapu to recognize telemetry. It stays on the red No telemetry screen. Yet the radio shows RSSI and RX voltage in the telemetry screen so it is receiving telemetry. It is bound on the Frsky (v1) D16 option which should be correct for a ACCST X6R receiver.

I have tried discovering sensors – I am not seeing any of the usual SPort sensors I would expect to see on the telemetry screen. Just the RSSI and RX voltage. There is no EDGE TX section in the Yaapu wiki so I assumed it must be an identical process to Opentx. Sensors should just appear in the telemetry screen. Can someone confirm I should be seeing the 20-odd sensors in the EdgeTx telemetry screen?

Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, you should be seeing multiple sensors on the telem screen. I use Edge and Yaapu with ExpressLRS and FrSky passthrough on a Horus X12S (upgraded with X10 ACCESS hardware) and Radiomaster TX16S without issue.

Must be the multiprotocol module or binding…

I’m using EdgeTx on a TX16s with an R-XSR and Yappu is working. The difference could be it’s F-port with Frsky X-D16 protocol on the MPM. Had to blow the dust off this model to check that out :slightly_smiling_face:

Gotcha. Guess I should try an F Port receiver.

I was using an X8R on one Copter until recently. I’m fairly certain that I had no trouble when I switched to Edge, although I converted that one to ELRS shortly thereafter as well…

I also can confirm that 3 of my RC copters using X8R RX working with Yaapu again after changing my Radiomaster TX16S from OpenTX to Edge Tx few days ago.

On the R-XSR I took the telemetry data off the un-inverted pad on the receiver. Maybe not the most elegant but functional.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s likely related to my setup as a relay. I tried using F Port but that caused Sbus to not work and I need Sbus for the Dragonlink.

Thanks. I tried this as well yesterday but my relay setup requires me to need Sbus as my Dragonlink does not speak F Port. When I try to use F Port it seems to stop Sbus from working.

Thx My issues are likely related to my relay setup.

Hi folks - just yesterday installed EdgeTX (on my Radiomaster TX16-s) and re-installed Yaapu.

Two or three issues:

1. My Yaapu config screen does not work (all I see is the word “English” (see picture).

2. The widget itself isn’t displaying correctly. The center section looks OK, but there’s blank space, for the most part, all around it. I do have “full screen” selected. (see picture)

3. And…Yaapu’s pages 2, 3, and 4, do not work at all - they are just blank. Most of this was working fine on my RadioMaster TX16-S a few days ago when running OpenTX.

Thanks…