"DoubleBat" Power Supply For Quadplanes

And please tell @Walter that he is still a very smart person :smiley: and deserves the bonus that you had in mind for him at the end of the year :wink:

Nice zoom camera, what camera is it?

I didn’t understand your circuit diagram, could you make the circuit diagram more clearly? Thank you

What you do not understand ?

Yes, I have a problem with my circuit board. Thank you.

Fifth flight with Arduplane Plane 3.9.0beta2:

Rolf

Rolf

Looks really well you do the same as me FBWA to QHover and let if slow down. I will have to try my transitions a bit lower next time .
What camera are you using for the on board footage

David Ardis

An old Mobius actioncam

Rolf

Some successfull testflights with arduplane 3.9.0beta5 this weekend:

Rolf

Dear Rolf, what power modules did you use?

tks

These are quit ordinary power modules for Pixhawk

Rolf

Hi Rolf
Thanks for sharing your nice job. What I’m afraid with this is…is not adopted for tilt rotor type VTOL because rotors should be shared by copter and plane mode. Am I right?

Yes. At tiltable motors you would need a switch. Whether the possible advantage is worth a high current switch ? i don’t know.
Rolf

Thanks Rolf,

Is there any “Switch” for tilt type VTOL except Foxtech? ( which I think is over priced ^^; )

1 Like

I have no idea if there are good relays, for example.

Our next tri-tiltrotor vtol should have only one front motor tiltable ( Reverse Tricopter-VTOL Plane )
Both rear motors are just for hovering and will get a separate battery.

it would be interesting !

Rolf, thank you very much for sharing your models. Let me ask you something: Why the flight battery and hover battery are connected in the negative wire?

Regards,

Because the voltage reference needs to be the same. Without this bad things will happen.

2 Likes

Hi @MolettoLobos,

as @amilcarlucas already wrote, it is important as common signal ground. The voltage drop should be as low as possible. The cable should therefore have approximately the same diameter as the battery cables.

Regards Rolf

2 Likes

@Rolf In your arrangement, it appears that the VTOL battery powers the FC and the Flight battery powers the servos.
In my build configuration, the Flight battery powers the FC and the servo rail (separate BEC’s) while the VTOL battery only powers the VTOL motors. Is it possible to use the VTOL battery as the backup power for the FC in case the Flight battery fails? I intend to use a BEC for the VTOL power so that voltage is monitored even if it isn’t a backup power source. FYI - I am using a Pixhawk 2.1 cube and Mauch power modules.

This would be a question for @pompecukor as well since it is a hybrid power setup.

Cheers,
Christian