Attendee count (max): 25
UTC1100 - Zoom and the conference
- Everyone needs to disable their video
- Except the presenter, who should enable it
UTC1108 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/13868
- Bad buzzer tone string causes reboots
- Seem to have found the problem already
- Can be reproduced in SITL
- Somebody’s going to look at it… MdB PH or PB
UTC1111 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13791
- Add support for do-cam-trigg-distance
- If you set third packet to true then the vehicle should take picture immediately rather than after travelling preset distance
- Why not take-photo directly?
- Skip extra variable
UTC1120 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13870
- Azure fix VMImage
UTC1120 - add sanity checking for values in parameter documentaiton
UTC1127 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13820
- Increasing size of arrays in Dijkstra wasn’t working
- ChibiOS was missing realloc
- CAN GPS was causing issues?
- More bugs since
- Only doing realloc between main heap
- Built-in realloc would not have zero extension.
- Current implementation maximises fragmentation
- ChibiOS allocation system for lua SITL
- This fixes a real bug but will fragment memory
- Realloc_type or std::realloc?
- Can rename realloc later
- Needs to be backported
UTC1132 - scripting - support sending/receiving mavlink messages
- Queuing of outgoing messages?
- May currently starve other senders
- Queue in size of bytes instead of messages?
- Streamrate based on ap_message_id rather than mavlink id?
- Need an example script….
- Need documentation in Wiki for how to do the mavgen
- Limit bandwidth in kB/second
UTC1159 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13835
- Add logging of rc protocol bytes
UTC0011 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13793
- Virtual FS usable via mavlink
- Ftp get @PARAM.pck
- ~12kB and is full parameters
- No ability to set parameters yet
- Parameter stuff is coming later
- Randy to test
UTC0020 - Plane update
- flaperon fix for Plane
- Still planning on syncing with Copter for next release
UTC0021 - Plane 4.0 release
- If you want to test your gains you have to test them in autotune mode
- Have to switch out of autotune mode and back in and then you’re using the new gains
- What behaviour should we have?
- Switch to use autotune gains?
- A switch for banks of parameters?
- SkyViper 2018 had banks
- Three different sets tame, sport, extreme
- Dozen parameters
- Three banks, three copies
- Create trees of parameters in scripting?
- Atomic way to store parameters?
- Logging issues with losing messages in dataflash-over-mavlink
- Probably running out of bandwidth
- Fast sampling causing overruns
- Underlying issue
- Table of function and expected time
- Expected time doesn’t account for things like SPI processing
- Transfers and filtering in background in high-rate IMU stuff causes the main thread to stop while it is processing those
- Causes overruns as we decide we can fit stuff in but then we overrun because the interrupts take time
- Boost main thread priority above SPI thread until we get to where we run the EKF
- But we start getting overruns because we’re not reading SPI fast enough. We get resets and whatnot. And the FIFO corrupts as the sensors are buggy
- Couple of small tweaks
- Defer the filtering?
- More memory
- Something to look at post-conference
- Move EKF into a different thread?
- Mavlink into a different thread…
- Invensense config bit stop filling FIFO?
- Doesn’t work?!
- Corruption regardless
- We do say stop….
- No reflection in depth of FIFO
- We use an experimental guess at the length
- Maybe if you’re only taking one sensor it works?
- Welcome to Lucas!
- CubeOrange and mRo boards and passthrough
- Buffers stuff things up
- GPIO speeds?
- Capacitance level on pin affecting rise time?
- Analogue filtering on the pins?
- PK discovered if you take away the hardware buffers things worked perfectly
- Check filter options?
- Check GPIO options?
- Convenient function to save/restore state of pins
UTC0044 - Rover
- No much
- But new APSync stuff coming
- Repeated requests to sort out navigation on Rover and Copter
UTC0044 - conference
- Up to 100
- Would be bad if speakers could not join…
- May have to turf people out….
- Or run as a webinar?
- Stream it live on youtube?
UTC0050 - close