Copter-4.0.1 released!

@Corrado_Steri, @rrr6399,

If you have a moment I was wondering if you could confirm that the rm3100 (present on a DroTek F9P Sirius GPS unit) is working for you with Copter-4.0.1? I think you’ve confirmed it was working in Copter-4.0.0-rc4 so it should still be working but if you could double check that would be a great help, txs!

1 Like

It was working in the latest 4.0.1 Dev build which was post rc3. I will be upgrading mine tonight to the stable 4.0.1 and I will confirm it works. The only difference and not sure it matters but my rm3100 is on the can bus

1 Like

Good day, the setup didn’t change… rm3100 is connected on i2c port of can nodri will flash again the firmware and i will check if the rm3100 will be recognized… i will let you know

1 Like

I just tested 4.0.1 on both a Holybro Pixhawk 4 mini and a CUAV V5 Nano and the rm3100 compass got picked right up no problem… This is in the CUAV NEOV2 Pro CAN GPS with RM3100 Compass. I am not sure if I2C is different

I will try to get this loaded on my CUAV V5+ Cube tomorrow to see if the results are the same

1 Like

I am sorry but i don’t have a machine with 4.0 with rm3100 installed :frowning:

1 Like

I have had some worrying problems with the AC 4.0.1 which could lead to crashes.

Please check the topic below:

I have seen parameter FRAME _TYPE to many configuration and also seen 13 DJIX.
This means motor order and connection also will differ?
Because DJIX configuration is start from right top motor 1 and counter clockwise its 2, 3 4 respectively.
But where as arducopter is different.

@kalai1219,

Looking at the AP_Motors library it seems like our “DJI X” frame is setup to order the number in counter-clockwise as shown here. In my (limited) experience with converting a DJI hexacopter to use AP, the motors were in clockwise order so I tend to agree with you. Do you have some reference that shows the DJI motor order is clockwise? This would help with the discussion to possibly have it changed.

Dji motors order are always start with front right motor and counting towards its counterclockwise direction. It’s not clockwise direction.
One thing I have noticed in AC hexacopter when do YAW command from RC remote some motors are almost it reach stop condition (very low rpm and we can see it in our eye’s also).
But in case of DJI motor order I didn’t see such different why?
There’s any special reason for putting motor order in different way in AC.

I have fmuv3
My board is pixhawk 2.4.8

I’ve tried fmuv2 firmware, and mavftp is working (but with mavproxy app, in mission planner 1.3.70 it’s not working too). Maybe i should use another firmware, but as i search, the fmuv3 is correct for my board. The Cubeblack firmware has no use - i tried, i have sensor missing masseges.

@rmackay9 Installed today 4.0.1 in order to test on a Y6F configuration(fresh build), but i was not able to find it in the setup, even though i am able to see the option on the wiki. https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/connect-escs-and-motors.html Am i missing something?
i will also test the code tomorrow on my X6 test platform and give my update also.

@kalai1219,

Great, the DJIX frame should work then.

Re the motor order being different from DJI, it’s mostly historic. ArduPilot’s original Quad motor order came from Multiwii. It’s an odd order but MultiWii was a very popular system at the time (more popular than DJI) and I think the MultiWii developer’s thought there was some hardware performance improvement they could get from that ordering.

@MerkaTony,

Yes, you’re right that while “Y6” is available on MP’s Frame Type screen, the secondary option for “Y6F” is missing. This is really a mission planner issue so can I ask that you raise an issue in the MP issues list? Until that’s resolved you will need to set the FRAME_TYPE parameter to “11” through the full parameter list.

@Kowal666,

I retested on my mRo Pixhawk (aka Pixhawk1) using the fmuv2, fmuv3 and Pixhawk1 firmwares and MAVFTP worked (for me) with all of them. I’m pretty sure this is a mission planner issue so I might ask if you could raise an issue in the mission planner issues list so @meee1 can have a look at it. I suspect though that the issue has already been fixed in the latest beta and it’s just a matter of either upgrading to the latest beta or waiting until the stable includes the fix.

By the way, I’m using MP’s beta firmware. The exact version is 1.3.7331.1623.

looking at the log I see you used fmuv3 firmware. Can you confirm which exact board this is you’re using, and which i2c connector the rm3100 is on? I’m guessing from the set of IMUs that this may be one of the mRo boards?

I tested a Drotek RM3100 standalone compass on the I2C2 connector of a CubeBlack running fmuv3 Copter-4.0.1 firmware and it works fine

Dji motor mix will work for all frame type like Quad, hexa, octo?

@kalai1219,

No, I’m afraid it’s only defined for quads. It’s not very hard to make it work for hexacopters and octocopters though. It’s always counter clockwise?

By the way, if you try and invalid mix of FRAME_CLASS and FRAME_TYPE you’ll see a pre-arm error that the motors haven’t been initialised.

I’ve added an enhancement request here. Feel free to add details.

This is the motor numbering and position for DJI flight controllers.

Please note this is NOT the Arducopter Motor Layout***

1 Like

Good day, im using the mRo x2.1… ive wired the drotek rm3100 on the I2C port of the mro can node…, stand alone on i2c port work well… ive solve

1 Like