Copter-3.6.0-rc2 available for beta testing

Loaded Copter 3.6.0 rc2 with ChibiOS all went well but have a few observations

Pixhawk 2.1 with Here GPS

Have removed pre-Arm check on the safety switch as I like to see the Green Led when its has a GPS lock before arming.
The beep between mode changes is not as loud as the previous version
I like the new loiter but the I think the transition form forward flight 5 m/s is a bit abrupt the copter leans back very sharply.
On my machine there is a small twitch after the machine stops in loiter (Lean back then when the machine stops I notice the back arm drops slightly then settles.
Had to increase the P, I and D gains for pitch and roll. Didn’t feel as sharp.

Like anything is a matter of getting used to the changes.

Great Job Thanks
David Ardis

1 Like

hmm, not sure it has anything at all to do with hardware as flash to 3.5.5 removes the issue.
i am playing with lidars only supported in 3.6 so need to stick to it. it is a minor, and frankly seems to be an oddity, as all other commands on other channels work fine. only simple mode invocation seems to have a mind of its own.

btw, loiter was not choppy at all, but i had to run autotune on 3.6. and i noticed that autotune on 3.6 using oneshot125 protocol had different numbers from 3.5.5 on ‘0’ default esc protocol. overall 3.6 seemed to be more fluid in movements than 3.5.5.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the testing and feedback. I’ll put this simple-mode oddity on the to-do list so we will definitely look into it!