Coming soon - New "mRo Location One" a CAN GPS sensor

Quickstart

Ardupilot Parameters

On the latest version of Mission Planner, set the following parameters:
I just use the cable that comes with it. in MP set the following to activate Can. I probably just use the Loc1 until you fly it a few times.

PARAM VALUE
CAN_P1_DRIVER 1
CAN_P2 _DRIVER 0
GPS_TYPE 9 UAVCAN
GPS_TYPE2 9 UAVCAN (Optional)

Good day, settings by Brandon are corrects.
On LocationOne the rm3100 is SPI wired directly to the MCUā€¦ you donā€™t need be worried coz it will work as uavcan coz settings are written in the hwdef file.
The UART port is necessary if you want access the ublox but you need the ftdi cable.
Personally i donā€™t use can termination but you can add it adding a 120K resistor to CAN H and CAN L., but if you have another CAN periph you can connect it.

Thanks David.
I am just replacing one can device with another so my params should all be good.
I just was puzzled by the documentation showing an I2C port where none exists. I have reported it to MRO.
I suspected the compass would work via the can port. So now the question isā€¦do I want to use it lol.

Just perform the compass calibration and after this you are ready to fly.
In hwid in Mission planner you will see that rm 3100 is recognized. Just in case you need the I2C with a little bit of DIY you can solder a jst gh connectorā€¦ so you can add and i2c periphā€¦

As long as the compass is seen via the UAVCAn I donā€™t need the I2C. I did report to MRO that the documentation is wrong on their site and they are updating it.
I will likely power the bird up tomorrow now that everything has been installed. Whatā€™s going to be interesting is that I will now have 2 RM3100 compasses on this drone.
If they calibrate al right then the question will beā€¦do I want to use both.

wellā€¦ in my opinion you donā€™t need run two rm3100 coz one rm3100 itā€™s enough robust,

Ya wasnā€™t really planning on it.
However as of this morning my flight controller doesnā€™t even see the GPSā€¦so something is amiss.

Edit: I got the compass and GPS working now.
I guess the real question will beā€¦which of the 3100ā€™s is working the best.

HI rickyg32!
I got a Location One GPS w / Compass and Barometer, and I am trying to take the data through CAN1.1 but it just sends a data frame, I would like to know what I should do to send me the data through CAN1.1, I am a Little confused, I donā€™t have a PX4 to configure it, I would appreciate if you could guide me a little about what I need to do step by step to acquire the sensor data. I would greatly appreciate it

Well l, ive done some flight in an area with some interferencesā€¦ i donā€™t have found problems during flights with rm3100.
On all my drones Iā€™ve set as primary compass rm3100 and as backup compass the second the one of the fcā€¦

Hey Dave
Thats great to hear its working well for you. So you are using a secondary compass, interesting. I now have the onboard compass for the flight controller and two 3100ā€™s . Perhaps I can use the second 3100 as the secondary. No idea at this point. But glad to hear itā€™s working for you.

I have most of the upgrades done on the drone now. The pixracer Pro is installed and working. The Location one is installed and working. All things seem to be working but my FPV gear and I will look at that tomorrow. Then its outside for calibrations and then wait till lock down is over.

argh.

Hey Alfredo.
Sorry man I havenā€™t a clue how to do what your asking.
I just plug it in and hope it works.

were did you connect it?

What kind of fc are you using?
LocOne is a CAN BUS gpsā€¦

The second rm3100 is i2cā€¦ spi or can?
Just check on the hwid the address

I am doing an fc with a Teensy 3.6 (microcontroller) and I want to obtain the data through the CAN bus of the sensor, currently trying to read it and be able to process it but the LocOne only sends a data frame that is not referred to. Iā€™m a little lost, could you help me?

i donā€™t have enough experience about Teensy 3.6 coz im using stm32.
I think that you must write your firmware for make work your board

if i used a stm32 board what would i need to do? where can i get the firmware?

With an Advanced USB-CAN and UART-CAN (Babel) could you configure the GPS as if it were a PX4 or an Arupilot?

wellā€¦LocOne is already CAN BUSā€¦so better you look for an fc with the stm32,a dongle its necessary if you want flash a new bootloader and firmware and change the settings about your periph using UAVCAN GUI, but now you can adjust some parameters using MP.

Will you have a forum page to put yourself in context about UAVCAN sensors?
to configure in MP (Mission Planer right?), what should I do? Where should I connect the LocOne to my PC? via a USB-CAN Adapter?