C-Fly Faith/JJRC X12/EX4 Changing parameters and/or connecting Mission Planner, etc

Hello, I have compass/gyro calibration problems, when I fly my drone the gimbal is behaving weirdly, sometimes I can move it up to the sky, or when I make a turn with the drone, the gimbal is not in horizontal level.
How can I calibrate it with Mission Planner? Because the shitty calibration functions in C-FLY app only make it worse, I sometimes get gyro calibration error. I When calibrating compass, should I leave the default Roll180Yaw90 ? And should I click “Live calibration”?:

EDIT: I followed this tutorial how to calibrate compass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TwPvTY5JOs Everything seems alright, tommorow I will try to fly the drone. But it’s so unreliabe, I think I will have to sell it and buy DJI mini/2.

Hello gbal, I am having issues to find the user / password while trying to connect via SHC.

can you shared me the user/password you found in yours to verify if it can work in mine?

Thanks.

Hi Julio.
What kind of difficulty did you experience?

Hello guys, I had a crash with my EX4 some months ago; my camera lens got broken, some arms and the gimbal didn’t work any more since then. I just replaced the camera and the video card but the gimbal still doesn’t work. While I was trying to figure out what was the problem with it I pressed the power button in the dron 4 times and after that I couldn´t connect with my cellphone to it anymore.
I realized later the drone wifi’s name has changed so now the controller and drone wifi doesn’t match. I already tried to repeat the 4 times pressing the power button process in the drone but it keeps the same number this time.

I tried to pair again the remote controller with the drone but when I open the Enjoy Fly app it shows a message as “unconnected”.

I connected to the remote controller wifi and used the IP address to access to the setting but it askes for an user/password, I tried with root/admin, admin/admin, admin/1234 and some different combinations but it doesn’t work.

I have read some posts here about some people with a similar issue but I’m really new about this topic, this is my first drone and I’m having a hard time.
If any of you guys could help me with my problem I will really appretiate it.

Thanks for your time.

Hello gbal, I just posted the issue I am having here.

Thanks for asking, if you could help me would be awesome!

Julio, you can find here a detailed description of the procedure to get what you are searching for

Hello,
Well, I recharged my EX4 after 4 months of inactivity.
I have one of the batteries which has swelled.
If you want to recover the hull, you must fully discharge the battery before working on it!
Otherwise at the slightest shock it will catch fire.

Could someone point me at using QGround Control with the EX4 Pro please.
The gatewat is 254 as normal which I assume is the controller - never see the drone so not sure if that is still.1?
Connection is all good with the cfly app
I have not used QGround Control before so a step by step would be great please
Thanks, Mark

Found it way up there in the thread so will try tomorrow

OK - so i can now get QGroundControl to connect but I need help with some settings please.
I set the connection as generail mavlink - is that right as I get lots of warning for missing items?
I set the ACRO_YAW_P from 0.7 to 2 and the yaw rate is much better now … probably not so good for video but good if I need it to turn quickly.
I also set the Angle Max to 25 degrees to make it livelier which worked well.
I am now running with a 3S 2200 pack so i need to know how to calibrate the battey voltage and which setting to change to get the RTL etc right.
I set values to 2200 and 11v where I could see them.
On testing the voltage is about 0.3V out and at 11.3V it shows about 60% in the app.
As it goes from 40% to 20% at a detected 11V (which is about 11.2V) the red light flashes and it just lands…no alets or anything and no RTL … but maybe it was too close / low to do that anyway.
So if you can help me with getting the calibration right and setting RTL / Land / Alert voltages that would be great
Thanks
Mark

Hi guys . . . . Ive recently dug out my old EX4 and found a battery very swollen . . . so I discharged it and ripped it apart . . . . just looking around for some alternative LiPo cells when I came across these (they can be found cheaper) . . . . . https://www.batteryupgrade.co.uk/shopBrowser.php?assortmentProductId=98742522&shopGroupId=11692181&tracker=adwordsk_uk_GP-pla_Remote&gdataKwd=&gdataType=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjw64eJBhAGEiwABr9o2G4NMAWxQaJ5YRf0PM7cvVXuPgRWPV2e3_YLr_iFQszMdUcEMf-eVRoCYywQAvD_BwE . . . . . . the dimensions seem ok to fit 3 in the original housing (53 X 34 X 7mm each) . . . . or these which are 44 X 25 X 9.2mm (should just fit when stacked) only £17 for 5 . . . https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164806671725?var=464287786104&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true . . . . . anybody got any thoughts??

Google Photos

Hi, it is possible to show how to connect de wires, on the 3d printed battery holder?
Thanks

I have just put wires to the GND and 11.4V pins - they then go to an XT60 connectors.
Seems to be OK I just need to work out the right settings via QGroundControl for the battery for low voltage, RTL and the calibration.
I also remixed the tray to be a snugger fit on the battery and have the wires coming out of the side. - I will post it on Thinyverse when I get chance but plan
adjust it by a couple of mm first

1 Like

hi new here … can some one help me with the frimware update … for jjrc x12 , mine wifi is giving problem . any help would be great

Here you have the photos from my design. I have welded the cables in the back side.

1 Like

firmware update? huh. I wish. There is no firmware update.

hi sir , do you have firmware for jjrc x12 , and do you know how to install firmware

i have purchased a new pcb for the drone but have no idea how to install firmware on it … if you can help me with it it would be great

hi sir , can you please guide me on how to install firmware on replaced pcb board for jjrcx12, mine old board was not showing wifi so i replaced the board but dont know how to install firmware in it

I don’t know about models for JJRC X12, but on Eachine EX4 Pro the drone doesn’t have a Drone-xxxxx wifi, you have to connect to the controllers wifi, go to the http://172.50.10.254, login and bound the controller to the drone if I am not wrong.