Big 30Kg turbine heli tuning AC4.1.1

Hello Bill,

How work rsc_critical?

As turbine, takes variable time to take its rpm (more than 5sec differences) I prefer to desactivate this feature.

can I set rsc_critical to zero?

That param only tells the autopilot when it can disarm after an auto or RTL landing. It counts the percentage of time based on the run up timer. So if you have the runup timer set to 30 seconds and rsc critical set to 50% then the autopilot will wait 15 seconds after setting motor interlock low before disarming. Again this only applies to autonomous landings.

Ok perfect,

Also regarding my last shared log, where for example on roll max acc is set to 50000, I measured as I share 92000cdeg/s/sā€¦

How to explain?

Hello Bill,

you will find attached fligh log with new filtering HNOTCH to 1,2,4th harmonic and NOTCH at 166Hz BW 83Hz and 15dB of attenuation.

I Always see vibrations on the log even more than the last one : Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
actual log:

last log:

do you think that we can achieve straight rat des without saw teeth?

Below psc Z controler :

settings are P 0,25 I 1 D 0.

do you think we can do better to remove saw teeth?

About Yaw, VFF is set to 0,05, and the best I do give me 1deg 0,5Hz oscillation:
below pidy FF, P and Des/Meas Rat Y:

it seems to me that we have 180deg phasingā€¦

what I can do to reduce or remove that?

Hello Bill,

tooday I make flight with little wind, and during flight I received YAW imbalance 25% message, ILMI yaw is set to ZERO, and IMAX is to 0,33. please check log below showing rate yaw I:

do I must take care off this?

Can I put more IMAX?

Can I set YAW ILMI to 0,33 instead and RAT YAW IMAX to 0,6 ?

thank you so much for your help.

@kuspower Iā€™m sorry that I havenā€™t been more responsive. I just donā€™t have the time to help with the tuning of your vehicle. At this point I am still concentrating on the autotune feature as well as responding to posts that raise potential issues with the code.

Hopefully another user can help.

Hello Bill, donā€™t worry, but when you have little time, if you can just check my last post regarding YAW IMBALANCE, this can help me, because I canā€™t progress on dynamic flight tuning with this issueā€¦

Hello,

This post Yaw control overshoot - #11 by ChrisOlson
helped me tuning my tail. I now use the methode from ChrisOlson.
He use it for his big uav helis.
Maybe this helps you too.

BR

Heri

Baro issue during runup:

blue plot is rpm
red/green is baro 1 and 2
yellow is baro alt

On this heli, we arm, and after we launch rsc. Turbine take time to take itā€™s RPM, as rpm goes up, barometer see presure drop.
Issue, is that heli see 15m altā€¦while itā€™s always on the ground.

Ideal will be that RSC calibrate zero baro press alt at the end of rsc runup timeā€¦

If anyone know solution to help usā€¦

I would post this on the arducopter topic as it would get a wider audience. Just start a thread with this post and a good title. In most cases I have seen altitude drop during lift off when increasing collective. Not sure if I have ever seen it increase like that during spool up. Looked at one of my logs and it shows a very small increase during spool up around 0.5 meters. And then on liftoff, it shows the altitude drop 2.5 to 3 meters.

What is the blade collective pitch when you are spoiling up. I wonder if the turbine is causing an issue when you are spoiling up

Whaoo yes I think is turbine aspiration increasing in the canopy that make de depression on the canopy, blades are on zero trust point at -1deg during spoolup

Thank you heri, this can help us to reduce slow oscillation but what about the YAW IMBALANCE message? As showed with little wind during slow flight curve we touch saturation point at 0,33% and is what is set on rat yaw Imax param. This value is marked on the tradheli wiki tuning guideā€¦ with ilmi to zero

Question is it can be dangerous to set rat yaw imax to 0,6 with ilmi zeroā€¦ ? can we set ilmi to 0,33 and imax to 0,6 to ensure that at slow speed and take off i not increase over 0,33?

Does ilmi work on yaw?

I use ChrisOlsons parameter for my 700 to 800 class helis. These are i = 0.11
ilmi = 0 and imax 0.5 and vff = 0.
Than i tune with the wiki.

Works for me.

BR

Heri

Maybe this. "yaw imbalance" - how to troubleshoot? - #6 by bnsgeyer
solve your question

Hello, finally we put specific antivibration system on the heli,
Now we have quite good signals (fft before filter):
You will find here the dataflashlogs:

we remade all VFF and PID process, now the UAV is perfect.

But we have strange behavior in LOITERā€¦
When static loiter, many times we have woble within 50cmā€¦
and I see on the log this that I cannot explain:

In dynamic flight desired PSC target acc trend to match target accā€¦
But when ā€œstaticā€, desired PSC.DA acc = ā€œzeroā€ but taget continue oscilating, and the UAV follow this oscilating requestsā€¦
PSC controler is not tuned and set with standard valuesā€¦
regarding the same moment, we see on PIDN currious phasing:

does any body has experienced this? and can help to resolve this issue?

Hello Bill, today I make flight with heli.
Finaly i get back psc controler param to standard and i get good loiter results pushing stab p roll pitch to 8.
I read on the wiki to dont go over 8, can you confirm that? Im pretty sur that pushing little bit over 8 i will reach perfect loiter.
Can i test that?

I have pushed the Stab P parameters to 10. At some point you may see feedback oscillations due to this. If you do then you just have to reduce the gain.

@bnsgeyer Hello Bill, I always read your posts to learn.

So, one question, what is the complet name of this parameter ā€œStab Pā€?

Thank you

BR

Heri

@heri Stab P is the same as ATC_ANG_XXX_P.

Hello, I have the same question for stab yaw.
I tuned rat p and d to max without oscillations, but I cannot get off the slow oscillations 0,5hz Ā±3deg on the yaw axleā€¦

Stab yaw p is set to 4.5 can I try to increase it to 8 with ch6 tune to expect get off this oscillations ?