Big 30Kg turbine heli tuning AC4.1.1

Hello Bill, thank you for your answer. Following your posts helps me a lot learning how FC
works for trad heli.

BR

Heri

Hello, I have the same question for stab yaw.
I tuned rat p and d to max without oscillations, but I cannot get off the slow oscillations ±3deg on the yaw axle

Stab yaw p is set to 4.5 can I try to increase it to 8 with ch6 tune?

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Have you ever tried to contact Chris Olson? He is a Pro in big turbine Heli tuning.
For a fee he will set you up with a perfect flying turbine Heli, I believe.

Your turbine helicopter sounds very interesting. If possible please post a picture of the helicopter.

@kuspower I see that you are using an external governor, and the effect is very good. Can you tell me what kind of governor you are using?

Governor for the tail rotor?

Thank you :wink: i will post photo

Governor for the engine

@moluav ArduCopter’s built in governor will be changing with 4.2. It will be able to better account for changing conditions and small changes in desired rotor speed with one throttle curve. Also we just added the turbine start aux channel feature to signal the ECU for engine start.
Just thought I would let you know.

Regards,
Bill

1 Like

Thanks, bill. Looking forward to the new governor feature, thanks for your efforts.

1 Like

Governor is jakadofsky type for the turbine and it’s very accurate

Hello @kuspower ,

Dont know if you have already solved your issue.
One time I had a similar case where I could not get rid of slow oscilations in the yaw and later discovered that it was due to excessive mechanic gain form the tail servo. When you screw the tail rod too furder away to the center of the servo (tip of the horn) you lose resolution, the minimum move to the “left” of the servo is too much, and when it corrects reversing this , the minimum move to the “right” is also too much, putting that oscilation in the tail. The solution is the screw the tail rod more close to the center and this oscilation goes away, at least this was my case.

Is not the issue servo arm is fixed at 1500us to the standard in flight position. Somebody tell me that on big heli the only way to fix it was to use rc heli gyro

Hi,

I would ask @ChrisOlson . He flies big helis.

BR

Heri

Hi @kuspower ,
I am curious about how you solved the low frequency oscillations in yaw.