Benewake TFmini LIDAR works on Ardupilot

You’re right, just checked TFMini Plus docs. There is a 100ms delay also required between W-stop and R-start.
The i2c protocol between not-plus and plus version is very different. Not-plus instead requires for a restart condition after command sent. Looks like FW for plus and not-plus was developed by different teams))

@lucasdemarchi @ppoirier

So as ppoirier described it in another thread: 3 TFmini at the front, one for above in relation to collision avoidance.

Now the bottom one: Can the same unit be used for precision altitude landing and collision avoidance or not?

In regard to the back of a multi rotor: Are three units at the back needed too?

This would make 8 or 9 units for complete collision avoidance!

Would a LeddarVu at the front one at the back and two TFmini for top and bottom would make sense?

(See attached pdf for LeddarVu)

Cheers

Henri

LeddarVu.pdf (1.47 MB)
LeddarVu

@henrik04, you can use whatever configuration you like as long as you provide proper supply and devices adressing. We have only the LeddarTech Leddar One driver for the moment, Rangefinders (landing page) — Copter documentation.

Have you looked at my blog ?

I certainly did! Thank you for answering.
Cheers

Henri

@lucasdemarchi what FC you used for testing the Plus driver?

This is a great idea !

Much easier to replicate now with the I2C sensors you can connect directly to the FC

Hey!
Wonderful work! Any estimate as to when this will be available in a stable release?

@sergbokh I used a Emlid Edge, but should work fine with any other FC we support in ardupilot.

@danielh after merging on master branch I will take a look on backporting it - when a stable release will be done I do not know, and it depends on the vehicle you want.

Thanks,
ordered one Plus to see if it will work with Pixracer.

I am interested in ArduCopter.

@ppoirier : Is this the unit you are referring to: Tfmini US$ 39.95 ?

How one change the I2C address of these (If you know)?

Thank you in advance.
Henri

This one

Strange had my TFmini working great two days ago now it says its at 6.33 meters and doesn’t change…um…what the heck

1 Like

I am following the initial instructions of this group to test my TF mini version UART on arduplane with Matek F765 but I don’t see it active in Mission Planner.

I connect to the GUI > click on Pix mode > I also send it by command 42 57 02 00 00 00 04 06

SERIAL1_PROTOCOL=9
SERIAL1_BAUD=115

RNGFND_TYPE=20
RNGFND_SCALING=1
RNGFND_GNDCLEAR=3
RNGFND_MIN_CM=30
RNGFND_MAX_CM=500
RNGFND_ORIENT=25

but without success, any suggestions?

1 Like

From the wiki:

I also have it configured like this:

RNGFND_LANDING = 1

And

RNGFMD_MAX_CM = 500 (lower than the range of the sensor> 600)

It could be a connection problem (check the wiring) or a power supply problem. Did you try another serial (2 or 3…).

I have checked the wiring > in the GUI it works OK with FTDI

I test in SERIAL1 and SERIAL2