Auto Tune Mode Getting Changed to Altitude Hold Mode

Hi,

I have tried to auto tune my quadcopter via channel 7. I went to the altitude hold mode and they put the channel 7 ‘on’ the quadcopter enter to auto tune mode. I can see the flight mode as auto tune in mission planner and the quadcopter is starting to auto tune. But as soon as I use the roll/pitch sticks to re-position the quadcopter, the mode is getting changed automatically to altitude hold (mission planner shows altitude hold as the current mode). The mode doesn’t come back to the auto tune automatically even when I release the roll/pitch sticks. I have to manually put the channel 7 ‘off’ and ‘on’ again to go back to auto tune. Is this normal or should it come back to auto tune automatically once the roll/pitch sticks released? Please help.

I’m using Pixhawk with APM:Copter V3.4.5 on F450 quadcopter.

Thanks

Hi,

Managed to solve this. The reason was Turnigy 9x has added a trim during the Turnigy 9x calibration. Due to that the pitch center was not detected. Now I have another problem.

I tried to auto tune and the auto tune has started. I didn’t see the auto tune started message even though mission planner showed flight mode as “auto tune”. After few mins I hear a beap and the quadcopter became stable. The mode has changed to altitude hold as I see in the mission planner. But I don’t see anything like “auto tune completed” message. When I compare the parameters (I have backup the parameters before auto tune) nothing has changed.

What could be the reason for not displaying the auto tune messages in mission planner and not saving the auto tune values? Is there any log related to auto tune I can check to find the auto tune messages? How I can check auto tune details using the ATUN log?

Mission Planner Version: 1.3.44

Thanks