Ardurover Boat spins circles on any mode except maunal

As to not clutter up the beta category I created a new topic here.I have looked through the param file and I cannot see any servo or rc inputs being reversed so does that mean I need to reverse one in order to make non-manual mode work correctly. I do however have some rc channels on the radio reversed to make manual mode function correctly but that shouldn’t affect non-manual modes would it? the motor test tab neither a or b turns on a motor but c turns on the left motor and d turns on the right motor. I am not sure how that correlates to anything this is my first skidsteer rover and I have struggled to get it setup.
boat.param (15.7 KB)

Its the same as for other firmwares you have to sort it out so that left/right forward rev is correct, if i had to guess id say you have the left and right motors swapped and both reversed,

I guess I am confused by that left motor swapped and why when using the motor test screen they work on c and d but not a and b. They are connected to output 1 and 2 on the mini cube. By motor reversed you mean reversed spinning wise as no parameters are reversed. I do however have a CCW prop and a CW prop. I am not sure why I am so confused with this.

Hi @406FPV,

It’s good that you’ve tested with MP’s motor test screen.

So when you pushed the “C” button the left motor spun and in a direction that provided forward thrust?

… and similarly for the “D” button, the right motor spun and the direction was correct?

You could even try pushing the buttons while the vehicle is in the water (and disarmed) in case the direction the propellers are spinning in is difficult to see.

wow!!! now I feel very silly as both motors are spinning the wrong direction hahaha wow. just filled the bathtub up and sure enough a motor test sends the boat backwards on both motors. One more thing the servo functions are not hardcoded right and I can set any servo function accordingly?

2 Likes

Correct. You can use any supported servo function on any output (with some exceptions if you’re using DSHOT or perhaps some other advanced features).

Very common mistake to reverse RC channels to make MANUAL mode work, which leaves modes like AUTO and ACRO quite confused!

1 Like

Has anyone been able to get blheli passthrough to work I cannot seem to get it to connect. Just thought I would try before I take it a part to swap esc wires thank goodness they are on bullet connectors

Works great. View the wiki page on it. And be sure to power the ESCs with full battery power (and disconnect from Mission Planner or QGC).

I have read the wiki, just never had much luck with it yet. I probably better double check my params again just to be sure

Posting from my phone, so forgive me for not including links. Be sure to set the bitmasks appropriately.

no worries I have google hahaha. I bet I screwed up a param

Which autopilot are you using?

cube yellow on mini carrier board. and just double checked I of course had blh_auto set to 0. man this heat is killing my brain hahaha. i set it to 1 an still get " initialization of flight controller denied! please check all motors are stopped!"

Pretty sure it has the same coprocessor arrangement as the Orange flavor, so you should use the aux outputs for BlHeli (which are servos 9-14).

oh those are the tiny upward facing pins on this one. Yep thats why I have not moved them to that.

Bet that’s your problem (in addition to the param you just fixed).

well looks like id better swap these to servo 9 and 10 which I think is aux 1 an 2 right? then I’d imgine my dshot would work as well hahaha :rofl: until andys new pr gets merged that allows it on main now too

1 Like

Correct.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hmmm I swapped to servo9-10 throttle right and left respectively confirmed in motor test they work as inteneded. powered everything down shutdown MP replugged everything (including battery) back in turned on blheli connect to the mavlink not slcan port and still get the " initialization of flight controller denied! please check all motors are stopped!" i will try after dinner.

Have you made the menu selection highlighted at the top?

You may also need to enable the safety switch if you’re using one.