Ardupilot contribution of the month, December 2019

Congratulations to Ardupilot community member dexmr, aka Dave, for winning the Ardupilot contribution of the month prize for December 2019!

A long time community member and Ardupilot user, (see this older post for instance) Dave was nominated for his high level of Ardupilot expertise and for the large number of posts he has authored helping many users over the years, in addition to his reports testing release candidates.

This was especially appreciated by the dev team recently with the release of Copter 4.0, a landmark release which, naturally, generated a lot of interest but also many questions. Dave helped with many of them, here for instance, or here, to point to just a (very) few.

Cheers Dave! Perhaps the prize will help you towards the purchase of a new flight controller, or contribute to yet another build! … :wink:

The prize for the month was $200 for the top contributor. Many thanks to those who donated to ArduPilot, including our Corporate Partners . If you are a company and wish to donate a prize for an upcoming month, please email the partners email list (partners@ardupilot.org).

Congrats and thanks again!

11 Likes

Yes, thanks a lot Dave! We really appreciate all the help you provide to others!

2 Likes

What a nice surprise, thank you very much! I get a lot of enjoyment out of helping others as this forum has helped me. Having planes, multirotors and rovers running there is always more to learn and share!

Thanks again!
Dave

13 Likes

Well deserved Dave! You answer an amazing number and variety of questions

1 Like

Thanks Jeff! I like the challenges some of the questions pose. If I don’t know the answer I’ll hook up an FC on the bench and try to figure it out.

2 Likes

Dave has helped me out more times than I can count both with multicopters and a rover.

1 Like

Yes Dave you are such an asset to the Team well done have a nice glass of wine and what ever you fancy,your a star in my eyes

Thanks for your kind words guys, its appreciated!

1 Like

Super cool!.. congratulations!

congrats dave, enjoy and thanks for all your support! whenever i search discuss for information, it’s usually one of your post that contains all answers, concise and comprehensive, awesome!

cheers, basti.

Great, Dave did help me too, thank you very much!

Congrats @dkemxr. I know you helped me a bit as well

Thanks for everything

Thanks guys! I have to laugh as I’m looking at my desk. There is a Pixhawk, an Omni F4 Nano, a Kakute F7 AIO and a PixRacer among the clutter :grinning: That doesn’t include what’s built into craft! I have plans to build a boat with the award!! Plenty of water around here.