ArduCopter 7" Long-Range Standard Build

Hi, Please say what i’m need tuning for acro mode. Today i’m flying first time after tuning at home and when i’m make roll in acro - i’m loose control at angle > 180 the control seemed to freeze and then after a second the copter began to perform a further maneuver.
And I don’t want to do that until I figure it out :slight_smile:

Need a log not a video

No logs (( flash chip full and at next reboot clear last logs((

What about airmod ? You can see that i’m did roll with throttle at 0% - and i’m think that this delay its not working airmod -
which should help control the copter when the throttle is at 0% - and in the end it just started to fall like a stone until I increased the throttle…
Maybe need increasing min rpm when armed?
In addition, for some reason, the commands with the sticks do not work - I could not start the compass calibration and the sticks do not start OSD did not try anything else

When I have time I will make logs.

P.S. I fly on the latest build 4.3dev

Without logs its only guesswork

2022-04-20 19-21-56.tlog (81.9 KB)
Hello everyone I just recently completed my own 7inch fpv frame using arducopter. Im using the FR_7 v6 opensource frame and have managed to get a pretty descent tune through Andy’s series of videos however I am still experiencing the occasional vibration failsafe whilst flying aggressively. Maybe someone more knowledgable than I could review my log and give me some sage tuning advice. Please pardon my basic user level ignorance.

A Tlog won’t do it. Post a link to a .bin flight log file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rp2z9NsfrMuYMScNZ3jy1MzGw_8uvU59/view?usp=sharing
Whoops!

I’m find my problem - this related to mix_man i’m think -

Need test this…
As i’m understand in acro mode with acro_options for airmode - mix_man using only in acro mode?

But - why you not changing mix_man for this 7 inch quad?

I am using MIX_MAN, I have posted my updated tune for 4.2 with DJI VTX

Ok - i’m see - 4.
This value safe for any other modes?

It’s safe, just be careful on takeoff and landing as you will get a lot of reaction from the ground and the copter will tend to bounce.

I’m already used to it - on betaflight he jumps like a hare :smiley:

I’m need see on AP ))

Dear Andy,

thanks for the very detailed build log!!
During difficulties tuning a Rekon7 i came across the question what about the FLTT params. Using the initial tuning spreadsheet they are set equally to the FLTD params. Above you are only talking about changing
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTD and ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTD. How did you to set *_FLTT?

I have strong oscillations in act. PIDP/PIDR log and large deviations between PIDP target and actual…

Hey were you able to get Ardupilot on your Flywoo LR (assuming it’s the Explorer)? If so what FC do you have and what target did you pick? I have a newer one that I’d like to switch to AP, from the chip specs it should work but I can’t find any target close, its a Goku GN405 Nano.

Its a custom build. I use a MambaF405 as FC.

FLTT really only affects control from the EKF and ANGLE_P. Values of 30 should be fine. I run at 60 just to make sure it is not damping anything.

1 Like

Yes AP works very well with my Flywoo 4” LR

I did buy the kit and I purchase flywoo motor.

Holybro F7 mini V2 (has to be v2!)
Holybro tekk32 mini (blheli32, only newest firmware works, or not all motors start every time)
Iflight gps v2 w/ compass
R9 mini (with elrs firmware)
Vista dji Air unit.
Flywoo 18650 4s pack.

Oh and I did remove the middle posts to get the FC to fit.

I also have a rekon 5” now with the same FC but I have a hglrc esc.

Ohhh gotcha, I was hoping you somehow had it working on the stock FC lol. I have a feeling I’ll just be rebuilding it with a new FC/ESC at some point anyway. Thanks!!

I would like to publicly thank @andyp1per and @Leonardthall for their valuable advice.
Acro on Ardupilot is not trivial at all, forget Betaflight, iNav and the like, here the thing is a little more complex but absolutely more versatile.
For now I have arrived here, we can definitely improve.
The setup is in the video description.

6 Likes

I’m not happy with my arducopter yaw PID setup on these acro small drones. It never seems to be dialed in, I’ve tried auto-turn setups a manual tweaks.