ArduBee, a Ready-To-Fly Micro drone for Education and Swarming

What are you doing to increase frame stiffness? Is it just PCB thickness?

Yes with the last version, the PCB with the mass of the battery attached, is flying brilliantly, as it is without additional structure.
The base ArduBee is 100g, the motors needs such a small effort to hover. If you need more thrust from the motors, it also means you’ll add payloads and this will enforce the natural dampening produced by the additional mass.
For this result the electronic project has been developed carefully through a lot of iteration, as its selected components. Furthermore recently we decided the offer ArduBee only with the H7 mcu, its FFT pre-filtering its better than the one with the F4, its still to be investigated and I don’t know why, but the graphs and flying are consistent on this.
Last we develop a duct system designed specifically for ArduBee in order to boost the motor efficiency and we are now trying to finalize it as a modular system where it could improve the overall frame stiffness.

2 Likes

I want to get my hands on one. How do I get it?

2 Likes

Thanks! I love to hear this :slight_smile: We are finishing the presentation while waiting for the validation by Kickstarter. I guess early next week Ardubee will be ready to be adopted :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Please send a press release to gary@suasnews.com and I will get the word out when it’s live

1 Like

Thank you! We just launch the kickstarter now, we’ll write you soon
This is the new blog announcing the Kickstarter campaign
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/ardubee-is-ready/61702

1 Like

I cheered.
Can I get info on the ESC on BLHELI32?
I’m hoping to get the ESC info and change the flight control.

1 Like

Hi @mura_mura, thanks, I’m not sure to get your question, if not please elaborate it for me.
Of course you can get blheli32 info and set parameters as you prefer with the usual ardupilot procedure through fly controller usb https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-blheli32-passthru.html

1 Like

@Giorgio_Rinolfi great work in developing this drone, it seems like the best components have gone into this.
It’s amazing how this drone can run off 1S battery, to make this happen. What mosfet gate drive have you used? I saw that most on the market work above 4-5V.

1 Like

@Giorgio_Rinolfi, do you have urdf/sdf models of ArduBee for Gazebo?

@alexic We use the same driver used in almost all blheli32 esc. We have provided a design that would allow use in the range from about 5v to 8v, voltage generated by means of appropriate boost ldo. We have tried and flown with different voltage and motor combinations in this range to optimize total efficiency.

@soldierofhell no, but we are interested to collaborate on this. Let us know If you are interested to make it, we have the 3d model for its rapresentation and the correct dimensions as a base to start. In this case please write me a pm.

I understand, that sounds great.
I could not find the info of what motors you are using using, the propellers look like 3018 dual blade, if I’m right.
What combination you found the best for the 1S 18650?

ardupilot/libraries/AP_HAL_ChibiOS/hwdef/luminousbee4 at master · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

can you please help me understanding the hardware setup, i can see there does not seems any configuration for sd card support but still i can see configurations for fatfs filesystem and APM/logs which means logs are getting generated somewhere, but i cannot see any configs for sd card support then how you are creating logs and also what role does ramtron actually playing ?

since the faillure of the kikstarter what will be the future of this project ?

could it be open sourced?

1 Like

Hi all, is this dead? would love to see it go.

Project is backed by Cubepilot now :
https://www.cubepilot.org/#/ecosystem/poster?id=edbc5c7f-8001-11ec-8dab-59f72d959cac

That’s great! But I don’t see any info on it other than this poster.

Specs? Availability etc ?

Have any idea when/if it’ll be avail for purchase?

@Corrado_Steri @steve you will need to see on CubePilot forum, that is their product

Ok, thanks.
Nothing there yet.