An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Pids? On color LCD radios with OpenTX/EdgeTX by using Home · yaapu/FrskyLuaGCS Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

Does the Lua GCS also work with CRSF protocol or could it theoretically work with it?

Hi, no it does not and I won’t add support for it, it would require quite some work on ardupilot side.
You can try with the tbs lua scripts, you should be able to adjust some params with it, it won’t work with elrs though

The functionality of it is … modest. I would like to use this under Ethos, but I am not yet clear how a Lua script must be built for this.

Thank you Alex loaded on my Horus 10s

Hi Alex

Question will the script work on an X12S on ethos and use external module bay with R9M on fcc firmware ?
i have tried to set it up the radio goes in to emergency as soon as i enable your script
but if i turn off your script and power on the radio i get all the sensors under R9M module
screenshot-2022-12-03-38278
but as soon as i turn your script it goes into emergency mode

Hi Colin, so t recap:

• no r9m external module, widget running no issues
  • r9m external modue, no widget running, no issues

can you try to start the radio without the r9m, pause the widget from the context menu, insert the module and see? This way the widget will run but won’t poll for telemetry,

1 Like

i did as you requested
ii pause the widget soon as i put the module in it goes into emergency mode
its running ethos 1.4.4 as there was important fix for the X12S

ok that rules out polling for telemetry.
I do have an X10 with ISRM but it is my main radio, I’m reluctant to switch it to ethos, not sure how to debug this issue

Colin can you try if my Ethos Mapping Widget runs all right?

yep works fine with R9M and the R9
screenshot-2022-12-03-79501

1 Like

Thanks Colin, this might give me a couple hints

1 Like

Colin can you try this widget on your Ethos powered X12, it should print a sinus wave on screen but also try to poll for telemetry
test.zip (531 Bytes)

1 Like

Hi Alex,

under OpenTX you have made VSpd available as telemetry element via your script. Can Ardupilot not output this in general, or only for certain protocols? Internally it is available and can be used e.g. in the OSD.

Do you have any information about the background?

I’m missing the value under Ethos and I’m trying to understand why (your info about not being able to create sensors via LUA is known to me).

that works with R9M amd the R9
screenshot-2022-12-04-30770

1 Like

how does one poll for telemetry on ethos ?
all i did is delete all the sensor and rescan
do have a debug script like edgetx ? that poll for sensors

Hi, not sure I understand your question, vspeed is exposed as a lua source

Colin, please forgive me, I attached the wrong file, it did not have the sensor polling code, please try with this one
yaaputest.zip (714 Bytes)

well that’s not working as soon as it powers the R9m
it reboots into emergency mode

so it looks like its crashing at when the system is trying to poll sport ?

Ethos did have some issues with X12S 1.4.0 to 1.4.3 as soon as the any module rfd or xjt or r9m was of elrs was power on it would crash
but with 1.4.4 look like its been fixed as i can power them on and bind to receivers use them
and i been working Bertrand testing firmware as well as X12S had radom issues of getting stuck on the frsky logo on boot