An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

ouch! I have it working here both in the sim and on my tx16s, I’ll try to reproduce it, did you try a new model as well?

1 Like

Tried a new model and and when selecting the Widget setting for your script the same error appears.

1 Like

Thanks @dkemxr , fixed and definetely my fault :slight_smile:
Please redownload from github

1 Like

Alex working now and thank you,will put dev 2 on Ethos tomorrow or wednesday

1 Like

Yes, working well Alex. Looks nice!

1 Like

is this ethos as well dev 2.0.0 ?

1 Like

No, Ethos is on 1.0.0, well behind Horus feature wise, it will eventually catch up, next is CRSF and ELRS support

1 Like

Dear Alex and Colin,can you please help me,I am trying to set up the Yaapu on my Tandem 20s,I have the yaapu widget on my scren and it says dev1,and I have selected Sport in the setup confiquaration,In the rf section I have sellect external ppm and have connected the 3 wires out of my RFD mod unit to the sport pin in the lite bay along with the + and -,but cannot get any telemetry on the 20s, On my Horus 10s if a plug the module onto back of it hey reston the yaapu works so all is good in mission planner and has worked well for long time,gentlemen were am I going wrong many thanks in advance

Hi Martin, as I said I do not own a TXMOD so no first hand experience over here.
@yak-54 seems to have it running on his X20 so let’s wait for him!

1 Like

Request for testers :slight_smile:

Ethos Widget with Crossfire and ELRS support (requires Ethos >= 1.4.1)

EDIT: updated for Ethos 1.4.1

download from github

change log:

• crsf and elrs support
  • widget reset on model change
  • up to 4 sensors on the top bar selectable from the widget config

2 Likes

what firmware number is on the X20 ?

1 Like

work as a relay with my box yes works with internal module
was not my x20 i give it back to my buddy as i did not like it he lent it to see if i like before i buy it well after using it for some weeks i am not going to buy it

what i did notices that PPM link worked fine on X20S and X12S with TXmod and the ACCESS POINT to the laptop works in the external bay

but did not get it to work on the external bay its like the S-port is disabled in the ethos firmware
even if i did telemetry sensor scan it does no show or it does not understand sport or passthrough
i think ethos does not accept sport when in ppm mode is just dumb mode no sport
that they need is sbus mode with sport support

1 Like

Hi Alex and Colin,thanks for replies,that is short sighted of Frsky about the S port not working on the X 20s,will leave a message with jet/flyer one of the dev’s of ethos,the screen is so nice on the ethos with Yaapu on iy,may later on get an extra receiver to do a relay but more hassle really,will just continue with my Horus 10s and as you say Colin in connects well with the rfd and laptop,many thanks for you help.

p/s Colin Ethos on 1.40 and same for bootloader

its not only x20 but X12S as well
what need to do is enable Sbus mode with Sport under Access

there is no Sport when you enable PPM

1 Like

Hi Colin I have just put A post up on rC groups Ethos X20s about this directed at Jet Flyer ,will keep pestering them should be an easy enough firmware update for them

If the sport pin in the JR slot does NOT not work in PPM mode we might try a workaround.
It should be possible to connect the TXMOD sport pin to the external sport on the top of the radio, then by selecting “external sport” in the widget config should make it work.
Since the TXMOD requires an external adapter this new wiring should be easy to setup

I tested this setup with Eric’s MavToPT and it works, one only needs to keep the mavlink VFRHUD rates low for the external sport is decoded using pure LUA

1 Like

Updated Widget for crossfire support on Ethos 1.4.1

download from github

Hi Alex,

I don’t have GPS reception at the moment, so I can’t tell you much yet. But I have already found a bug …

If Enable CRSF support is switched on, the ELRS or Crossfire configuration can no longer be called in the model configuration under RF System.

Ethos 1.4.1 / Tandem X18S

Another question: do you know where to find a list of available telemetry sensors with declaration for ELRS?

This is the same issue EdgeTX had, Ethos does not pause widgets while other “not widgets” scripts are running.
My widget and the ELRS conf script are both trying to consume CRSF telemetry.