An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hello Alex @yaapu

Did you get an invitation to Erics @Eric_Stockenstrom post where there is a small issue when gps fix changes to dgps, script starts announcing “No GPS”. Thanks

Thanks Alex, I suppose that was obvious. I didn’t realize the reason your script was announcing upon radio power up was because I had the widget screens installed on ALL models. This issue with EdgeTx (2.6/2.7) and running scripts is annoying. I know it’s not your issue but can’t seem to get any response from the EdgeTx guys. Even an acknowledgement of the issue would be something.

Am, Alex could not open the invitation because your original PM was private. We could work around this problem temporarily by limiting GPS_Status to maximum of 3.

Hi Cris,

I would like to use simple telemetry on my Horus + Frsky Gas Suite. I saw you developed a nice widget for it showing rpm, avg consumption, temp and residual volume. Where can I download it please?

Best regards,

Deepdiver

That was developed for the Taranis X9D and X9E for a custom (not the stock ArduPilot one) Frsky telemetry library. It will not work on the Horus without considerable rework. I would recommend using Alex’s package, which is customizable for the Gas Suite sensors, for the Horus.

The actual Gas Suite scripts are horribly written and things like the fuel flow sensor do not work unless you have a turbine that has enough fuel flow to make the sensor reasonably accurate. With a two-stroke Zenoah engine in a 800-class machine the fuel flow is so low in level cruise flight it won’t even reliably turn the flow sensor. Alex’s package actually works and incorporates the important things.

Thank you Chris!

I will try Alex’s widget.

Hi Alex,

I am trying to run yaapu on my X10S Express (OpenTX 2.3.15) with a FrSky SR10PRO and Gas Suite. I am looking to get the airplane telemetry data RSSI, RxBt, RPM, Residual Fuel Volume and Temp. Can I do this without the ardupilot?

Thanks

I read in Github that the next release of EdgeTx (once it is released) includes a fix for the lua script issue. I am assuming here you are referring to the issue where the yaapu widget gets in the way of running the any tools scripts which also need to interact with the telemetry feed?

Hi Paul-Yes, I read that too. patiently waiting for the 2.8 release!

Hi Alex, is Yaapu compatible with Tamden X18?

Hi,
not yet.
The X18 has a 480x320 touch screen whilst the X20 has an 800x480.
There’s no simulator and the resolution differs even from X10 LCD’s which are 480x272 so no easy way to test the layout. I asked Frsky for a dev radio, let’s see what they say :slight_smile:

cheers
Alex

Thank you, I’m waiting for any news.

@yaapu,

I see that the telemetry script should be compatible with ELRS 2.x. I have avoided ELRS so far because I typically do not need the super low latency/high transmission rate and often make use of more than the available channels.

ELRS 3.0 brings an option for 16 channels at 10 bit resolution (half rate transmission), which is very attractive! Will the telemetry script work with 3.0 at present?

@Yuri_Rage are you happy to share a few more details on your setup with the Archer RS?
I am using the following parameter setup but I am still running into issues:
RC_OPTIONS = 8
SERIAL2_BAUD = 57
SERIAL2_OPTIONS = 47
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL = 23
5K Resistor between the SPort and GND pins on the ARCHER RS.

I have tried a number of options around these settings but these are the settings that the Archer M+ works so figured I’d start here. With these settings I get RC but no telemetry

Archer RS receiver is running 2.1.8 firmware
Qx7 controller is running 2.3.11 Open TX

@yaapu If you can shed any light here that would also be greatly appreciated.

Chris its the firmware issue on Archer RS receiver 2.1.8 firmware
change it to 2.1.6
are you using black Cube ?
orange you don’t need a Resistor

SERIAL2_BAUD,57
SERIAL2_OPTIONS,7
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL,10
that’s for an orange cube with out Resister

Colin

Thanks @yak-54 ,
Using Cube Orange.

Backdated to 2.1.6 on the Archer RS and removed the resistor, but still no luck with the telemetry or RC coming through with the advised parameter set.

Using the Taranis 1.9.5 SD card contents.

Going from memory, I think you need to set serial options to 135 and definitely use the pulldown resistor on the Cube Orange (I don’t recall success removing it on the Cube despite options present to allow its removal).

@Yuri_Rage Can I ask how you got to SerialXX_OPTIONS = 135. That would mean setting TX_Pullup as active, yet you mention that you also still need the pulldown resistor. Are you using the specified 10k resistor or the 5K resistor that was mentioned earlier in this thread?

Again, I’m going from memory, so 135 may not be correct. I’m away from the computer for a bit, so don’t trust me too implicitly there.

I use 10k pull downs on all of my Cubes with FrSky telemetry.

Hi,
Is anyone can help me out with the yappu battery level telemetry.
Issue:
Upon connecting the battery yappu takes battery level 100% as as startup countdown.
Eg: if battery is at 80% yappu takes the battery level as 100% and start monitoring the consumption. And, if battery consumed 20% it shows 80% left but in actual is 80%-20%=60.

So basically, every time I connect the battery I have to charge battery full 100% in order to get correct battery level and some time I check manually how much battery left before power on the fc so I can calculate the correct battery level.

I did play around a bit with override settings in yappu but no luck.