An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

I have kakute f7 and it seems everything runs just fine.

Any chance of getting the telemetry out to an android app with the Frsky Taranis?

After trying different options, I gave up and flashed my R9MM with Sport firmware as i have enough free UARTS on kakuteF7 and started getting all the messages on the same stable Arducopter version where my messages were missing on Fport. So something to do with Fport on Ardupilot.

Hi, you need latest master for up to date fport support, sorry if it was not clear :frowning:

No Worries Alex.Thanks for your wonderful script!!

Hi Alex hope all is well in your part of the world
just quick question does your script work on X12s with an Access module in it ?
if not i will not update the radio with internal Access module

Hi Colin, no direct experience here, sport/fport telemetry should work just fine with the access mod but unfortunately could not test it myself, we need someone to jump in and confirm it works.
I succesfully tested my scripts with access but only on an X9D 2019

ok the module is on its way i will se how we go will report back

looks like you’ll be the one to report back :slight_smile:

Hi yaapu,

I would like to use yaapu script with ardupilot and QLRS long range control. This system can output Sport telemetry from the Tx to the sport “in” pin of the Frsky openTx radio. According to the author the following data is sent.

Following data are send to your radio

APID_GPS_COURSE 0x0840
APID_RSSI 0xF101
APID_VFAS 0x0210
APID_CURRENT 0x0200
APID_CELLS 0x0300
APID_ALTITUDE 0x0100
APID_VARIO 0x0110
APID_GPS_SPPED 0x0830
APID_LATLONG 0x0800
APID_GPS_ALTITUDE 0x0820
APID_AIR_SPEED 0x0a00
APID_FUEL 0x0600
APID_T1 0x0400
APID_T2 0x0410
APID_PITCH 0x0430
APID_ROLL 0x0440
APID_MAV_BASE_MODE 0x04A0
APID_MAV_SYS_STATUS 0x04A1
APID_MAV_CUSTOM_MODE 0x04A2
APID_CUST_RSSI 0x04B0
APID_RX_RSSI_REG_VAL 0x04B1 – with offset 157 for 868MHz and 146 for 433MHz
APID_RX_SNR_REG_VAL 0x04B2 – with offset 64.
APID_RX_PACKET_LOST_VAL 0x04B3> Blockquote

Here is the webpage:https://qczek.beyondrc.com/qczek-lrs-433mhz-1w-lora-rc-link/qczek-lrs-sport-telemetry/

So my question is :Is it possible to make your wonderful script with arduplane using this QLRS?Thanks.

Hi, it will not work, passthru telemetry which is required by my scripts does not use sensors, it uses the telemetry link to carry custom telemetry frames, sorry :frowning:

Been using the app flawlessly, but I have noticed today on custom HW, that I constantly get “CRT Bad Gyro Health”, have done several flights today and there are no messages in MP or in the logs, so I don’t know what’s happening there.

I originally put this in the wrong thread.

HI Yaapu,

No worries…

These are the only Mavlink messages that are sent by the QCZEK LRS.
List of supported mavlink messages.

MAVLINK_MSG_ID_RC_CHANNELS_RAW
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_HEARTBEAT
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_SYS_STATUS
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_ATTITUDE
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_GLOBAL_POSITION_INT
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_GPS_RAW_INT
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_VFR_HUD
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_GPS_GLOBAL_ORIGIN
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_HOME_POSITION
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_COMMAND_INT
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_RADIO_STATUS

Do you know if the Ardupilot text messages are transported though one of the above listed Mavlink messages? I am thinking to use Mav2PT if by the above listed messages,I can get text messages.Thanks.

you need STATUSTEXT https://mavlink.io/en/messages/common.html#STATUSTEXT which is not in your list :frowning:

Thanks Alex for the confirmation. I will try to request the developer.

just update an X12S with an isrm is running in accst X8R D16 on V 2.1.0 all work but i cant get any map
data
using 1.9.3-beta3

@yak-54 you probably just need to rediscover your GPS sensor

did that first after the install module

the script does not “see” the GPS sensor, you have no GPS coordinates, post a screenshot of the sensor page

all good there was 2 gps listed so i deleted one working fine now i am waiting for Access receivers for testing under Access

1 Like