An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

I tested it with 2.3.1, everything still works.
I do not know where you can download the old firmware 2.3.4, then I would also test it?

Hi, this appears to be a confirmed bug on OpenTX 2.3.5.

works fine on my X12s on 2.3.5 and my X9D

Works fine with OTX 2.3.5 on QX7 or with an old AVR4in1. I can even switch between script screen and normal telemetry screen. Testet at least 4 transmitter batpacks on this
Completely stable.

Hi,
this is weird, I can reproduce it both in Companion and on my radio, I do not own a QX7 but on the X9D+ if I short press [exit] the script exits and it should not!
A [plus]/[minus] short press toggles the telemetry screen page while it should toggle the yaapu message screen back and forth.
plus/minus might work for you if you do not have an extra telemetry screen, I usually use a second one to show GPS coordinates

Edit went back to 2.3.4 and everything works as expected

What is weird? Why did you go back to 2.3.4?
On the QX7 :
After boot a message “Yaapu telemetry ready” is given.

-long press page starts the yaapu screen.
-short press page switches then to my second telemetry screen and back.
-weel to right switches to yaapu message screen and back to telemetry screen
-exit leads to main screen, You get the yaapu screen again after long press page.
-menue gives the yaapu setup page.

firmware OTx 2.3.5 , Yaapu 1.8

Hi you’re right QX7 is not affected, only OpenTX 2.3.5 on X9D/X9D+.
I had to go back to 2.3.4 on my X9D to have the exit,plus and minus buttons working as expected.

Everything seems to be working except I have a NO GPS on the screen, this is probably something simple I have set wrong.

MP - Says 3d Fix
I get voice messages for mode changes on x10s
I have GPS coordinates displayed on x10s
x10s - opentx 2.3.5
Orange Cube - Arducopter 4.0.1

Thanks

I get a “not enough memory” error on X7.

1.8.0 works.

Taranis QX7
OpenTX 2.3.5 (happens with 2.3.4 as well)

Hi,
that error means your radio is trying to compile the script!
You need to copy to the radio SD card the compiled (binary) version from this path.

Please follow the wiki

Alex

NO GPS on my widget means the radio is not receiving the ardupilot status packets.
Is everything else working? The artificial horizon, voltage, etc?

1.8.1 works.
Maybe I have copied the wrong file.
What’s confusing is that the 1.8.1 writes a “yaapu 1.8.0” message.

Hi Alex,
Yes, everything else seems to be working.
Artificial Horizon - Yes
Voltage - Yes
Current - Yes
Flight Mode - Yes
Compass - Yes
fc Voltage - Yes
Armed/Disarmed - Yes

Thanks

Hi, there’s no 1.8.1 for Taranis radios. Latest is 1.8.0.
Version 1.8.1 is Horus only.

Played with yaapu telemetry on Horus for the first time over the weekend, 1.8.1, running over Fport.

Very very cool, nice work!

Thanks for the kind words!
Telemetry over fport needs a bit of tuning but single wire is cool :slight_smile:

Will it work with qzek,lora module?

Hi,
unfortunately QZEK does not support frsky passtrough telemetry but you might be ble to get it working by using the (limited?) mavlink support with the MavToPT firmware running on an esp32.

Doug did you come up with a solution?

Hey Alex, on my Horus X12S I am unable to see the RPM values from ArduCopter. I have GPS and I go to sensor discovery, and there are four sensors there ending with the GPS. If I try to discover more, no more show up. I presume this is why I can’t see RPM, but, I must be doing something wrong. Any chance you can think of a quick fix to get RPM displayed? I do get it in MAVLink1/2 and see it in Mission Planner, if that matters…

Thanks again for the awesomeness! Looking forward to seeing you in Canberra