An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi,
I released version 1.8.1 of the Telemetry Widget for Horus and Jumper T16 radios

Code is on github

x10

changelog

Horus version 1.8.1

• added widget page with offline GPS mapping
  • added support for map zoom toggle via radio channel
  • added qacro and takeoff flight modes
  • moved all battery calculations to background
  • fix for OpenTX 2.3.1 on Horus X10
  • fix for reset on model change
  • fix for broken rangefinder menu option
  • fix for custom sensor min/max nil support

This requires extra steps to configure the maps, please read the guide here

cheers,

Alex.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll have a look. It looks like the other telemetry goes ok, though, like RSSI and analog voltage reading.
If it is FC issue, are you aware of a fix? As I mentioned before, I have tried different SD card and turned logging off.

ok took Horus version 1.8.1 out for a spin today all good :+1:

1 Like

@Anton_Khrapov sorry for the delay, did solve your issues?

Alex,
Admittedly I did not spend too much time on it since original message. I did try reflashing and reprogramming all components a few times but did not come to a conclusion.
My plane has a pix 2.6.8 and telemetry seems to work there with a inverting cable. My quad with kakute FC does not work…

Well this explains why some times it reboots on the bench i have seen

I’ve just released plane 4.0.3beta1. This is a minor release with a few bug fixes and enhancements. The changes are:

• prevent failsafe action from overriding a VTOL land
  • fixed compass calibration failures with auto-rotation detection
  • fixed errors on STM32H7 I2C (affects CubeOrange and Durandal)
  • fixed a race condition in FrSky passthrough telemetry
  • fixed DSM/Spektrum parsing for 22ms protocols
  • added fixed yaw compass calibration method
  • re-generated magnetic field tables
  • ensure SERIAL0_PROTOCOL is mavlink on boot

The most important fix is for FrSky pass-through telemetry. Pass
through telemetry support had a race condition which could lead to the flight controller generating a fault and rebooting. Until you are running a firmware with the fix you should disable FrSky pass-through telemetry by changing SERIALn_PROTOCOL from 10 to 0 on the port where you have SPort enabled.

Test reports very welcome!

It could, but it shoudl be pretty rare

i do have some logs to when it did it

Hi
I just loaded 1.8.0 on my taranis x9d, the main screen is working fine all values look good. However the mavlink message screen only will show the yaapu message and the APM version. no other info will come in. I have a cheap pixhawk 2.4.8 verson with copter 3.4.6 firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, your copter version is really old :frowning:
You should update to the latest stable copter which right now is 4.0.0.
Your Pixhawk1 is still supported and mission planner should be able to detect it and offer the correct version.
I’ve never done an upgrade from 3.4.x to 4.0.x but I’d guess you’ll need to carefully review your parameters after the upgrade.

Edit: There’s a critical bug in copter 4.0.0 so you better upgrade to Copter-4.0.1-rc2 which includes the critical fix

Hi Alex, I use mav2passthrough and jumper T16 with latest opentx.
On yappu telemetry screen I can’t see display of flight mode, do you know why ?

thanks

I also observed this issue on the Horus X10S with mav2pt. Flight modes only appear when connected to a GCS. I am not sure, but I think this started happening after upgrading to Copter 4.0.0.

yes this can be heartbeat related, I think that Eric did find a solution for this, did you ask in the MavToPT thread?

I’ll look at this tomorrow.

David, I suspect you are right about copter 4.0. I get around this by sending heartbeats from mav2pt to the FC to trigger regular telemetry, but then the serial link between them must obviously be both ways. It won’t work with mav2pt simply listening on the FC tx pin because your Bluetooth board is using both uart pins.

If you have BT board hooked up like this, try configure BT into mav2pt.

Ok, I tested with Copter 4.0 and it streams telemetry for me without any periodic hb to the FC.

I’m using serial2 on a pixhawk, and my settings are :+1:

The SRx settings appear to take precedence over the Planner settings

I seem to recall that serial2 works for me, but I had some trouble getting regular telemetry out of serial1

I noticed you are using mavlink 2. I´m still on mavlink 1, maybe that´s the cause. I also might try switching serial 1 and 2, which seems a bit strange that it makes a difference.

Update 1: switching to mavlink 2 makes no difference.

Hello,
I have a problem that I can not get out of the Lua Menu.
When I press exit, the whole Lua script closes and nothing has been saved.
Do you have an idea what is wrong?

What radio? On x9d you need to shower press exit, on Horus you need to long press

Yes, on the x9d with Opentx 2.3.5, short or long press exit, the LUA script is always completely closed.

Ok, haven’t tried 2.3.5 on my x9d yet, I’ll check asap