An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi guys,

When using the Yaapu Telemetry, I find myself looking much more at my transmitter screen. Here is the sunscreen I use on my Horus Tx. You need to cut and sand the surface flat. I used a craft saw. Then attach it using black servo tape. It works greats and easily opens or folds closed using internal springs so it still stores right in the soft case.

Hubsan Hood Shade

Cheers!

2 Likes

Great idea! Could you please provide the outside dimensions? I’d like to see how it could retrofit to the Jumper T16.

Thanks.

The outside width (left to right) is 113mm (4.45") and the outside height (top to bottom) is 70mm (2.76").

Looks like it’ll fit.

Thanks.

looks great Greg, really a nice job!

Qusetion does this mean we can removed the inverter and plug it into the frsky receiver

SERIAL5_OPTIONS: Serial5 options

Note: This parameter is for advanced users

Control over UART options. The InvertRX option controls invert of the receive pin. The InvertTX option controls invert of the transmit pin. The HalfDuplex option controls half-duplex (onewire) mode, where both transmit and receive is done on the transmit wire.

Bitmask RebootRequired
Bit Meaning

0 InvertRX
1 InvertTX
2 HalfDuplex
4 Swap

Hi Colin,
that’s correct but it will work only on supported boards, like the KakuteF7 and requires current master

Hi Rus,
what I write are lua scripts/widgets, I do not patch tx radio software so a version for the T14SG is out of question.

thnx Alex . not sure how yor ports to X9 , X10 and 2 other Tx’s folded together . maybe the Arduo PRoject

has common CPU ( ARM ? ) with those radios… don’t have time to uncover why, only see they all have common OS ( Arduo ) ? that way yor scripts compile into a binary that runs on each TX hardware. Never been there.

What about the AutoLanding via Telemetry link ? Is that even credible , or just assisted way-point Nav ?

Looks totally luck based.

Hi Rus,
all those radios have in common a LUA runtime environment that runs (interpretes) lua scripts.
The LUA language was chosen by the OpenTX team because it’s really easy to write bindings from/to the C language thus making it possible to call OpenTX API from LUA.

No luck there, I know the pilot, I’d rather say years of training, close to optimal tuning of the airframe and deep knowledge of the ardupilot ecosystem as a whole!

Ahh … had no idea ANY radio gear has a JIT LUA runtime interpreter… Great news.

Open Tx chose well… Has any AI been coded via Torch ? Sounds like the Telemetry tuning has a lot to do with Lua running a ML predictor on landing, after watching yor good pilot land a dozen times…

I shall ask him, how many way-points he uses and what mapping is stored in the Rx … ( the Tx is switched off )

Thanx Alex & Regards ,

1 Like

Hi Alex. Did the map screen make it into a release? I’m still flying (and loving) the dev built you passed me and I’d love to see it in a release :slight_smile:

Hi Nicolau,
not yet, the 1.8.0 release took a bit longer than I expected.
I plan on releasing the mapping widget soon for testing, I’ve been flying with it for a while now and I think it’s ready to go public, my main concern was that the continous loading and unloading of the map tiles could eventually lead to memory exaustion but with the current code it’s not the case.
Most of the tuning I did for the mapping version went into the 1.8.0 release and that’s the reason it had such a long release cycle.

1 Like

Hi Alex, what is the minimum sensor needs for yaapu widget to work ?. I use jumper T16 and have RSSI sensor.

thanks

Hi,
my script does not use sensors like iNAV for instance, it needs an ardupilot specific protocol.
Except for GPS which is the only sensor created by ardupilot, sensors are used the other way around, it’s my script that decodes the passthru protocol and forges “virtual” OpenTX sensors to be used by user scripts and logical functions, this is explained in the wiki here

Alex will this fix the issue i had with gps ?

OpenTx 2.3.0 HORUS up dates

• Horus now allows up to 60 sensors ( up from 32 )

Hi,

I have a problem, the script occasionally is freezing my Taranis X9D plus (scary). Maybe only since I updated Arducopter. I did not update the script for some months.

Is this a known problem, maybe a result of not matching Taranis, Arducopter and script versions or should I replace my Taranis (better pay 250€ now then loose my 2.500€ copter during a mapping mission…)?

I could not find an issue on github and nothing with freeze in this topic, so please excuse if I did not read this ecpxtreamly long topic.

The script is fantastic, extraordinary what people create!

THX,
Tobias

No Colin, your issue is related to the number of frsky chained sensors that ardupilot can handle, it’s not related to OpenTX.

Could you open an issue on ardupilot GitHub? This way the dev team will have a reminder and I can create a PR with the patch you’re using

Hi Tobias, you’re right freezing on Taranis is something new.

What version are you using?
Can you reproduce the freeze also with the latest release?

Hi Alex,

I will update everything at Wednesday and try. The version is from February I think, I will look tomorrow.

After I deactivated the scruit the Taranis did not freeze anymore for at least 8 hours, so I think it is definitely somehow script related. Unfortunately there is no message, only a total freeze, I even had to remove the battery to get the Taranis working again.