An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Dave try copying simpleon.wav in simple_r.wav

Yes, that worked. All good Alex, thanks a lot!!

this is the teensy version: https://github.com/zs6buj/MavlinkToPassthru/tree/master/MavlinkToPassthru_v1.0.8
this Arduplane version is the latest stable release for the F35 board using std Mav1 protocolā€¦about a month oldā€¦Mavlink from telem port is passed to DL rx -> DL tx via transparent radio modemā€¦teensy converts to protocol 10 Sport passthruā€¦applied to Sport pin of taranisā€¦where your script is runningā€¦

no tlog since wasnt running a GCSā€¦it happens on normal initialization sequences as board gets ready for flight and armingā€¦around the time the EKF sets home from GPS or soonerā€¦just sitting thereā€¦its working normally, then the script errorā€¦the time I got it to run forever, I booted the FC via USB with TX offā€¦waiting until it was just waiting for RC control, turned on TX, get one message to script (announcing AP version as heatbeats start), no more messages, script runs fine, even thru telem loss, reacquiresā€¦

Henry I canā€™t reproduce your issue.

What I did:

• flashed a 3.2 teensy with firmware 1.0.8 in ground mode
  • connected the teensy to SITL running plane 3.9.6 (latest stable for f35)
  • used yaapu 1.7.2 on my Taranis, I run 2.2.3 not 2.2.1 :frowning:

everything has been working fine for the last 45 minutesā€¦

The difference between 1.6.0 and 1.7.2 is that 1.7.x fixed the decoding of mavlink message severity.

Your DL setup is the only variable that I cannot simulate so Iā€™m afraid that without a tlog thereā€™s not much more I can do :frowning:

Alex,
Flew today with 1.6.0 and Dragonlink setupā€¦worked flawlesslyā€¦I may try updating to latest opentx and retrying 1.7.2ā€¦but since its working,I may notā€¦

in any case, here are some tlogs I captured from the DL TX via Mission Planner over BT while on the bench and flying

this data is what was streaming into the Teensyā€¦

maybe just something weird with my setupā€¦

Henry do you still have the version I sent you that dumps the telemetry data as a plog file? Could you do a dump of the first few seconds that usually lead to a crash?

No luck, I can stream both with no issues :frowning:

I think I renamed it something and have forgottenā€¦I am trying a fresh install of everything including updating OpenTX to 2.2.3

EDIT: no changeā€¦point to another logging version, I will try to capture the logā€¦

Henry thanks for not giving up :slight_smile:
Hereā€™s the 1.7.2 debug version,

to install it overwrite same files in /SCRIPTS/TELEMETRY folder.
The plog file will be in the /LOGS/ folder.

Alex

Hello, Alex Apostoli. On weekends I decided to make a test flight to check the operation of telemetry But unfortunately it does not work. I explain what is happening. When the hardware is turned on (Frsky Q X7 openTX2.2.1), the Lua script (1.7.2) is launched. I turn on the plane with the flight controller (Radiolink Mini PIX firmware version ArduPlane V3.9.6 http://radiolink.com.cn/doce/product-detail-133.html) and the receiver Frsky X8R(firmware version 170210 FCC), the script is working, the information on the equipment screen is displayed and updated. Then I press the safety switch, the script is working, the information is displayed. I do arm, the information on the screen with telemetry freezes and is not updated, but the inscription ā€œno telemetryā€ no. In the console menu on the page in which information from the flight controllerā€™s sensors is displayed, only the data of the RSSI 100dB and RxBt 4.7V are updated, and the * icon blinks opposite them. The remaining sensors are frozen, the * icon does not blink, but is constantly on. I tried other options, for example: if you make an arm and do not turn on a safety switch, then telemetry works and the information is updated; if you turn on the safety switch and do not arm, the telemetry works and the information is updated; tried with other receivers Frsky XSR(firmware version 180322 FCC) and R9 Slim+ (firmware version 190201 FCC), the situation does not change. I used the signal inverter circuit from this topic based on MAX3232 with a diode; on two transistors and five resistors. The situation does not change. Which way to go next I do not understand. Please help in solving the problem.

if frsky telemetry freezes right after arming the problem is the SD card on the minipix.
You probably have logging enabled only when armed so as soon as you arm the frsky telemetry subsystem freezes.
This is a known issue due to low quality or slow SD cards.

As a quick check disable logging by changing the log bitmask or perhaps use a faster sd card.

cheers,
Alex

Our friend @yaapu Alex is famous now, with his work displayed on every box :slight_smile: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

yeahā€¦I wrote them and now on the product page thereā€™s even a pointer to my github repo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Alex. I replaced the memory card in the flight controller. Now the script works and updates the information, but only when using X8R and XSR receivers. With the receiver R9 Slim+ works strangely. When the equipment and the flight controller are turned on, only two messages appear on the message screen ā€œINF Preparinstem and INF Airspeed(0) init failedā€. If the receiverā€™s power is reconnected, the remaining messages come and the script starts to work, the information on the screen is updated. What can you tell about this?

Hi, my wild guess is that your R9 tx and rx do not have the latest frsky firmware, older firmware are known to have s.port telemetry issues, did you flash them recentely?

Good afternoon, Alex. I did not flash them. Is the date on the transmitter indicated R9M 20180329. Will I need to update my transmitter on OpenTX 2.2.2 or 2.2.3?

I updated all my radios to OpenTX 2.2.3.
go ahead and update your R9 Rx/TX to the latest available on frsky site

In the options of the firmware of the console, select the item lua or luac? Or both pukt at the same time?