An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi Alex,

could you please add a new feature to the existing script?
there are 2 screen in the script now - one with mavlink messages and one primary screen.
Could you add a new screen that could be selected as usual, and put in the biggest font the stored values of the last communicated GPS location coordinates sent back from the model?

so in a case if connection is lost or model crashed and powered off it would be possible to switch to that screen and put those numbers into an app on the phone, and, literally, just walk there?

if it is already in there, i do apologize, i did not update to the latest version yet but i do not think it is in there, and, again, i think it would be very helpful to move it into a dedicated different screen, in large font, as gps latitude/longitude numbers are quite big.

Hi Paul,
you can try configuring an extra telemetry page with the GPS values selected from the available OpenTX sensors.

on my X9D I would set it up like

then while my script is running press [PAGE] to toggle between the script and the custom page

This can be done on all radios.

Is this what you were looking for?

hi, yes, the problem is that this value is no good, i am afraid. it is not precise enough in this format, the proper one would be as it gets shown in the actual value of the mavlink message, or in the MP screen - a long number like 42.123123123. plus, it would be easier to have that as a part of the same script.

plus, i am afraid if model is dead and not transmitting - the screen there will not show anything? don`t we need a lua variable to keep a value if link is lost?

when the link is lost all sensors retain their last value, but I see your point on the lack of precision of the displayed GPS coordinates.

How about a second telemetry screen, an alternate view with GPS coordinates and the most useful values from the main screen accessible by pressing the plus button when in mavlink message history. We could have a mini hud and a bunch of telemetry infos

why not? i think it would work, as long as GPS coordinates are communicated in a way they will allow to find a lost drone. :slight_smile:

Hi Paul,
I’m working on a custom extra screen but in the meantime you can get close to what you ask by selecting DMS as GPS coordinate format (opposed to NMEA)

precision seems good,

cheers,

Alex

It is very helpful, great news! Hope new screen will be ready soon.

Hi all,
I’ve been working quite a bit with the objective of creating a modular solution, I wanted user selectable left, center and right panels as well as an extra user selectable full screen (this in answer to @Paul_Atkin1).
Layout design came next and I think I ended up with a good compromise between flexibility and features.

This is an example of how the QX7 /X-Lite will look

OLD LAYOUT

NEW LAYOUT

left and right panels are user selectable from the menu,

the image shows that for the left panel I selected a custom view for @Eric_Stockenstrom MavlinkToPassthrough with waypoints and airspeed (maked in red)

Same level of flexibility for X9D and Horus, this is a screenshot of the same custom left panel selected for the Horus

and this is a screenshot of a custom right panel where the user can display up to 5 OpenTX sensors via a configuration file, like RPMs and temperatures for gas engines by choosing sensor name, unit of measure, precision, scale factor, etc

even the HUD is selectable from the menu, this is an example of a russian style hud

there’s still some work to do but it’s mostly ok

cheers,

Alex.

2 Likes

good to see someone working on something for us Gas Suite users if you need testing done just yell

1 Like

Wow! Looking good Alex.

1 Like

hello I love your work but i have a problem there is no way i’ll be able to complete that anytime soon anyway how much did you say you charge if i sent my radio to you i have a qx7 2.2.2

Hi Mike,
I’m afraid I missed something for I have no idea of what you are talking about :frowning:

First attempt at extra screen with support for 6 user defined custom sensors (circled in red) and GPS coords in DMS format.
I ended up having more room than expected :slight_smile:

main screen

extra screen

This screen is reachable from the main one by pressing the [PLUS] button
The first [PLUS] shows message history the second one shows the extra screen

Is it safe to upgrade an X10 running yaapu to OpenTX 2.2.3?

Yes, mine Is on 2.2.3

1 Like

I have the global radio settings on my X10 set to Imperial units, but the yaapu screen still says ‘m’ and ‘m/s’. The readme says " * imperial and metric units for altitude and distance inherited from radio settings". What am I missing? Thank you.

Hi Anthony,
that’s the way it should work but you’re right I was able to reproduce it,
I’ll roll out a fix asap.

thanks,

Alex

1 Like

Hi Anthony,
could you please check it this fixes the issue?

Horus_1.7.4.zip (37.1 KB)

it appears to be limited to OpenTX 2.2.3, and considering you asked if it was safe to upgrade I feel a bit guilty :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply. With this update, Alt, AltAsl, and Dist are now all displaying in feet. The Spd and vspd fields are still displaying in m/s. Should those be in ft/sec?

Hi Anthony,
you can change those units from the config menu

follow this guide

and remember to press [PAGE] at least once to force configuration reload.

Alex

2 Likes