An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi Lee,
you do not specify your OpenTX version, should be 2.2.x.
The steps to configure the script as a telemetry one are quite simple, check the ardupilot wiki for details.

Double check that you do see yaapu9 selected in telemetry screen1 when you get back to that screen.

cheers,
Alex

It is 2.2.2 dated 7/28/18

did you copy both the .lua and .luac files?

1 Like

Bingo! That was it, I only thought the luac file was needed. Added that and it came right up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Alex
First, Very Very Great job.
I am using the yaapu telemtry in my Frsky QX7, its working all well.
But I found that the max number of satellites is 15 while my GPS always have more than 15 satellites.How to fix this problem?

Hi @FireFly,
Thanks for your kind words!
Unfortunately 15 is the max number that ardupilot can send via passthrough telemetry, so you’ll never get a bigger value. Hdop is accurate though and a much better indicator of gps precision.

There’s also a note in the docs but I suspect it’s not that clear :grin:

Alex

Ok, I see. So maybe I can fix it by changing the passthrough code of ardupilot.
Thanks so much!

not sure you have enough “room” to put more sats on 0x0F sized variable to change it on the Ardupilot code.

Thanks Luis
Its the passthrough protocol problem, can do nothing now.

Would some one be kind enough to give me a download of there SD card to put on a Horus please im strugling to get it to work,many thanks

Hi Martin,
here’s a link to a zip with version 1.7.3 (latest release), just unzip it into your Horus SD card, then follow this guide to set it up.

Alex

1 Like

thank you so much,will get it done this evening

So in my last post I indicated that I got the script running on my Taranis. Although that is true when using the telemetry screen I always see NO TELEMETRY. I have verified through the radio that the values are being sent on page 12 of my model setup I can see all of the values listed and watch them update. Is it possible that the script needs to be modified to account for sensor indicator spelling? here are my values…
Cels, RSSI, RxBt, VFAS, Curr, Alt, Fuel, GSpd, GAlt, Hdg, Tmp2, Tmp1, GPS.

Hi Lee,
judging by the name of the sensors you discovered I’d say you selected the wrong frsky protocol.
You should select SERIALn_PROTOCOL=10 (frsky passthrough telemetry) but you probably have set SERIALn_PROTOCOL=4 (frsky telemetry).

Alex, is the lowest critical cell voltage alarm still 3.2V min? been since 1.6 days that I have updated( nice to see imp/metgric units auto select now!), but I am now using Liions in some planes and need to be able to set that alarm down to 2.8V (2.5v is min cell for Liion)…has this been changed, I dont see anything in later rev notes…
thanks

Correct, I did not know there were 2, I will change it. Thanks

Hi Henry,
the limit has been removed starting from version 1.7.1 on taranis and version 1.7.2 on the Horus.
Imperial units have also been implemented as well as ft/min for vspeed :slight_smile:

This is the relevant changelog

Taranis version 1.6.2

• moved flight modes to separate files to optimize memory
  • added support for FlowHold and Follow new copter flight modes
  • added groundspeed/airspeed unit configuration as menu option
  • moved flight timer to OpenTX timer 3
  • added spoken flight time to flight timer alert
  • added support for dual FLVSS + single power monitor with split load in dual battery view
  • fixed mavlink message severity unpacking
  • fixed first timer alert would not play
  • added dedicated sounds for critical/non critical messages
  • added simple/supersimple support with vocal alerts
  • improved cell count detection with new algorythm
  • added german language support
  • many memory optimizations

Taranis version 1.7.0

• units settings for distance and altitude inherited from radio settings (imperial/metric)
  • units settings for horizontal and vertical speed selectable from config menu (m/s,km/h,mph,ft/s,ft/min)
  • implemented cohen-sutherland algorythm for hud line clipping
  • added imu temperature support
  • fix for roll and pitch overflow
  • removed Tmp1 and Tmp2 OpenTX sensors
  • moved all sensors to last instance 0xF of the respective frsky sensor ID (requires a new sensor discovery)
  • added ARM sensor to expose to OpenTX arming status
  • fixed home icon position when angle beyond +/- 90
  • some code refactoring
  • X9D: removed power from left panel
  • X9D: added efficiency on left panel as mAh/speed

Taranis version 1.7.1

• fix for battery levels alerts, now voltage needs to stay below level for 4 seconds before triggering alerts
  • fix for limited battery alert voltage range, now from 0 to 50V
  • fix for IMU temp decoding
  • fix for landing complete alert, now played only if motors are armed

Taranis version 1.7.2

• fix for battery level2 alerts not repeating after being triggered
  • fix for OpenTX GSpd sensor unit, now m/s
  • fix for consumed battery mAh greater than battery capacity

cheers,

Alex.

I change the value to 10 and everything came through correctly, thanks. It really works well.

1 Like

Thanks Alex…any reason that you can think of that I am having this issue with the Teensy converter and version 1.6? its very strange…starts to work and stops quickly
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=40935503&postcount=249

Thanks for the tip Alex in the other thread…that got everything working…I just didnt think that not having RSSI programmed in the FC would prevent the script from getting info…am used to using either 3dr radio telem links directly without FRSKY conversion or FRSKY RX telem links with this script which inherently have RSSI incorporated…

1 Like