An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

good news, will be fixed in 1.5.4, was removed “by accident” :slight_smile:

1 Like

that sounds like an bertrand issues lol

to much on his plate

1 Like

With Ethos 1.5.4, the widget flashes when the menu for pause is called up.

its always done that to tell you your in the menu page ?

1 Like

I have to set the Yaapu widget to pause if I want to configure ELRS. To do this, I tap on the widget, the menu appears and then everything flashes.

Hmm 1.5.4 when i go through my screens this happens

1 Like

ok worked it out with 1.5.4 when you add telemetry page remember to turn off screen Title when you are configuring that page if you leave it on go to that page the radio will crash

1 Like

I had a chat with Bertrand and while there sure is an issue with the clipping algo I’ve found a way to make it work, I’ll soon publish a new version

1 Like

this is not fixed yet, but seems to be a “cosmetic thing only”

1 Like

new version supporting Ethos 1.5.x on github

• fix for emergency mode when title enabled
1 Like

Thank you Alex have a nice Easter.

1 Like

Hi Alex,

X18SE / Ethos 1.5.4 / Yaapu Script current version

If you switch between the widgets and the Yaapu script is configured/active, the display blocks:

yaapu bug ethos 154

The transmitter can no longer be switched off … Only disconnecting the battery helps.

If the Yaapu script is not activated, you can switch between the widgets at will. The problem is therefore with the Yaapu script.

Hi, are you swiping? How about pressing the PAGE button?
From which widget to which widget are you switching?

Hi Alex,

yes, with swiping problem occurs. With only Page button all ok. I switch from the standard widget to yaapu and back.

Hi Reinard, you mean you switch between different pages of the yaapu widget, like default with HUD to the maps?

No, I switch between the widgets on the screen via touch. And when I want to switch from the Yaapu widget, the screen freezes and the transmitter can only be switched off if the battery is disconnected.

None of this happens without the Yaapu widget.

I am stuck here a bit.

After I had to learn, that the barometer values Alt and VSpd are not on the radio using ELRS, I changed over to FrSky telemetry.
Flying a plane and looking for thermal lift and don’t have the barometer is not easy.

Hardware used FrSky X10S Express EgdeTX 2.9.4, FrSky Archer RS, SpeedyBee F405 Wing mini AP Plane 4.5.0

The Archer RS has SBUS/FBUS and S.Port/F.Port and inv. S.Port/F.Port available. I am using for now inv. F.Port (Servos working and telemetry in parts.)

screen-2024-04-05-100441

On the telemetry screen of the radio I do see those values

The first 4 values are live and stay live, but the rest just pops up, no live data and then drop out.
And the Alt and VSpd values there are the barometer values!

screen-2024-04-05-113143

screen-2024-04-05-113155

Interesting, all those values 5, 6, 7 … drop out, but on the yaapu screen senor #10 is live (I am using a variable power supply) and also the flight mode is active on the screen. (RED arrows in the pic)

Setting of SERIAL1 inv. F.Port

SERIAL1_BAUD 57
SERIAL1_OPTIONS 132
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL 23

shortyapf405-frsky-20240405_105232.plog.txt (24.8 KB)

Any idea, what is going wrong here?

br Kalle

… and as in most cases. This could be a problem issued by EdgeTX, FrSky, AP, yaapu or by the person doing the setup …

Ethos 1.5.4 had a major bug in the lcd clipping code, 1.5.5 has fixed it, please try with the latest version

2 Likes

Hi Alex,do we need to install your last update a few scrolls up from here if we install Ethos 1.5.5 and thank you for all your hard work have a nice weekend

yes, simply donwload latest zip from github

https://github.com/yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

1 Like