An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi all,
there was a bug in the gmapresizetool application, Ethos paths were not correct, now it should be much easier to setup map tiles on Ethos, sorry about that.

Alex

1 Like

Alex
I have recorded with realterm the data from the back of the taranis X9D using of course inverter&ftdi
I don’t understand how to link the recorded data (after 7E) with the reference file I found in the wiki (what is data ID ?)

Adolfo
PS : the goal is to do calculation in an arduino plugged to X9D
capture.txt (1.2 KB)
Frsky Passthrough Protocol.pdf (193.9 KB)

Hi Alex,Frsky put this out today about the Ethos system thought it may interest you
ETHOS Comparison RCG 020724.pdf (73.6 KB)

Hi Yaapu,

Awesome widget which I’m really looking forward to using! So, I’ve been trying to get the widget working with an FrSky X20S, a TD R18 receiver, and a cube orange+ installed in the DS-B IN carrier board. I’ve hooked the RC receiver up to the cube and I can see on my oscilloscope that they’re talking to each other, but I can’t get any telemetry on the radio transmitter. In your instructions I was able to select the yaapu telemetry widget and open the configuration page however there is no option for “Telemetry” as a link quality source.
The RC_OPTIONS “Use passthrough for CRSF telemetry” is checked.

What am I missing?

Debug Screen

Firmware

Widget Configuration

Link Quality Source Options (no Telemetry option)

Oscilloscope trace of SPort coms between receiver & ArduPilot

Serial Options

RC Options.

Let me know if you need anything else to help diagnose this problem!

It’s an FrSky TD R18
I Just read that the UART needs DMA enabled. I think that all the UART ports have this by default for the Cube Orange+

what serial port you using on the cube ?
on the orange cube i had to use only serial 3 no other worked or they stoped

SERIAL3_BAUD,57
SERIAL3_OPTIONS,7
SERIAL3_PROTOCOL,10

and it works on X20 pro on 1.4.17 TD 1.1.12

LOL. 3 is the only port I haven’t tried! I’ll give it a go.

check
BRD_SER3_RTSCTS: Serial 3 flow control should be on auto

BRD_SER3_RTSCTS,2

There is no Flow Control on Serial Port 3. Maybe because it’s a cube orange+. I Tried it in Port 2 with Flow control set to auto as well. But Flow control isn’t used/connected anyway UNLESS your using a converter between the Ardupilot and the reciever? Are you using something between the two?

nop just the 2 wires check take picture of the wiring later on dinner time

Aweome thanks Colin!

Hi,
a good source for information is my SPort LUA decoder:

more information:

Hi Adam,
you seem to be using frsky RX/TX combo so RC_OPTIONS should not be used since it’s for CRSF/ELRS hardware.
The yaapu debug script should be used selecting “sport” as source, in your screenshot you selected “crsf” which is worng

I don’t own a TDR18 but I assume (from the docs) that you set 1 channel as SBUS and another one as SPort both wired to your FC.
You also set SERIAL_PROTOCOL=10 which is correct.
Let’s wait for Colin’s advices on the wiring

Alex

1 Like

here is my wire up to gps 1 port Straight

to the s port on the receiver

1 Like

Ok, mines wired into the same port the same way.

and my TD R18 setting are
on the TD CH 17 out put pin is set to Sport
and CH18 out put pin set to Sbus

Awesome info thanks! I’ve selected sport in the debug now and still have nothing. I’m assuming that once data is travelling on the Bus it will appear here regardless of what the telemetry widget is showing?

Wow, my recievr is using EXACLY the same pins for the same purpose as yours. Pin 17 for Smart Port and Pin 18 for SBUS Out. What are the chances?
Also… Getting somewhere with the actual Bus (SPort) signal, not the garbage I had before.

At least there’s the start of a message. Not sure what the settings are in toto so my CRO’s not decoding properly.

did you say your on crsf on the debug screen thats wrong it should be sport

Yeah fixed it, still nothing.