An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

you helped me install a dev version more than a year ago and it still works great with latest edgetx but i did not remember seeing the SRC folder and installing the latest version i could not figure out so that is why i still have the old version, thanks for the update Alex i will read again and see if i can understand the process, and what is the difference between bw212x64_f2 and bw212x64_f4?

Hi, the difference is in the MCU (microcontroller) used by the specific radio model F2s have 128K of memory, F4s have 192K, I had to cut some features to fit my scripts on F2s (Taranis X9D) while on F4 the full version works all right.
This is the readme linked in the wiki, it helps picking the right version for your radios

thank you my friend for never losing enthusiasm to help people like me who are not too tech savy

2 Likes

This is my problem, which for now on CRSF is still present, but it seems if I use R9 instead I am getting all the data…

Wondering has anyone able to resolve it ?

Hello, is there any hope that the script will work for the ethos Twin-X Lite with the external module R9M?

I am waiting too. No telemetry passing from external R9 external module to yappu.
Alex must be busy. He will fix it soon.

How is the option “Telemetry source” set in the widget setup?

The top bar I have seen, but I ask for a special setting …

fix it it was bad download from GitHub :grinning:

How exactly is the value "EFF (mAh) calculated? Normally, the speed is not important for the efficiency, but the consumption mAh / km or better Wh / km.

The units of (battery current)/speed would be mA/(km/h) = (instantaneous) mAh/km
and I think that’s what’s being displayed.

I don’t think so …

Is the speed 1.8 km/h and the current 0.4A?
.4 / 1.8 = .222

See: FrskyTelemetryScript/OTX_ETX/c480x272/SD/WIDGETS/yaapu/lib/layout_def.lua at 9e083362190997aad29b915c5a0a835b93bb5bd9 · yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript · GitHub

Hi, there are a few of us over on the RCGroups Ethos forum trying to get answers on why we can’t get Yaapu working on external RF modules. There seems to be a “he says, she says” conversation going on. My understanding was that FrSky is not exposing passthrough telemetry to the lua kernal from external modules. Here is their reply. Do you know which is correct?

Hi Mike,
I’m more than willing to identify the issue but I can’t replicate it for I don’t have all the needed hardware.
I really need a list of hw/sw combinations that are reported as not working and find a way to get the tx and rx combos or at least a couple of them

Thanks Alex. With all of the platforms you are now supporting, I can see how that can be challenging. I’ve held off on getting an ELRS module for my X20S for this reason. If there is a way that you can debug with me sending you logs, I’d be willing to make the purchase and work with you on it. Otherwise, I am happily running it with both the 2.4GHz and 900MHz internal modules.

all the same any radio running ethos x12s x20 x18 on ethos with external RF modules no passthrough telemetry i dont think its yaapu issue same plane same x12s on egdtx works fine ?

Hi Mike, ELRS and CRSF do work fine under Ethos (there’s a known bug with GPS coordinates that I’m working on), what isn’t working are all frsky external telemetry combos