An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi Alex,

X18SE / Ethos 1.5.4 / Yaapu Script current version

If you switch between the widgets and the Yaapu script is configured/active, the display blocks:

yaapu bug ethos 154

The transmitter can no longer be switched off … Only disconnecting the battery helps.

If the Yaapu script is not activated, you can switch between the widgets at will. The problem is therefore with the Yaapu script.

Hi, are you swiping? How about pressing the PAGE button?
From which widget to which widget are you switching?

Hi Alex,

yes, with swiping problem occurs. With only Page button all ok. I switch from the standard widget to yaapu and back.

Hi Reinard, you mean you switch between different pages of the yaapu widget, like default with HUD to the maps?

No, I switch between the widgets on the screen via touch. And when I want to switch from the Yaapu widget, the screen freezes and the transmitter can only be switched off if the battery is disconnected.

None of this happens without the Yaapu widget.

I am stuck here a bit.

After I had to learn, that the barometer values Alt and VSpd are not on the radio using ELRS, I changed over to FrSky telemetry.
Flying a plane and looking for thermal lift and don’t have the barometer is not easy.

Hardware used FrSky X10S Express EgdeTX 2.9.4, FrSky Archer RS, SpeedyBee F405 Wing mini AP Plane 4.5.0

The Archer RS has SBUS/FBUS and S.Port/F.Port and inv. S.Port/F.Port available. I am using for now inv. F.Port (Servos working and telemetry in parts.)

screen-2024-04-05-100441

On the telemetry screen of the radio I do see those values

The first 4 values are live and stay live, but the rest just pops up, no live data and then drop out.
And the Alt and VSpd values there are the barometer values!

screen-2024-04-05-113143

screen-2024-04-05-113155

Interesting, all those values 5, 6, 7 … drop out, but on the yaapu screen senor #10 is live (I am using a variable power supply) and also the flight mode is active on the screen. (RED arrows in the pic)

Setting of SERIAL1 inv. F.Port

SERIAL1_BAUD 57
SERIAL1_OPTIONS 132
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL 23

shortyapf405-frsky-20240405_105232.plog.txt (24.8 KB)

Any idea, what is going wrong here?

br Kalle

… and as in most cases. This could be a problem issued by EdgeTX, FrSky, AP, yaapu or by the person doing the setup …

Ethos 1.5.4 had a major bug in the lcd clipping code, 1.5.5 has fixed it, please try with the latest version

2 Likes

Hi Alex,do we need to install your last update a few scrolls up from here if we install Ethos 1.5.5 and thank you for all your hard work have a nice weekend

yes, simply donwload latest zip from github

https://github.com/yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

1 Like

Hi Alex,

with Ethos 1.5.5 the widget switch problem is solved.

There is one more inconvenience: when the internal menu for Pause is called in the Yaapu widget, the display starts blinking. The function itself is available and the blinking stops when the menu is closed.

I know, I reported it to the ethos developer, I’m using ethos API to display the menu so there’s really nothing much I can do

1 Like

I’ve asked this before: can you make the pause option available in the setup so that you can set how the script runs by default? I test a lot of ELRS equipment and always have to manually set the script to pause for their settings.

I read your request but I don’t think an option would help much:
How it works now:
POWER UP: RUNNING

MENU => PAUSE
ELRS configure
MENU => RUN

MENU => PAUSE
ELRS configure
MENU => RUN

What you propose
POWER UP: PAUSED

ELRS configure
MENU RUN

MENU => PAUSE
ELRS configure
MENU => RUN

so in my opinion the option would only save you from 1 initial pause, from there on it would be the same, or am I missing something?

You missing … :wink: I start the transmitter to run various tests and always have to pause the script first when the Yaapu script is installed. I don’t need the script for the tests, but I just have to pause it.

mhmm how about an option to “persist” the pause state, so when you switch off the transmitter and the widget was paused it would start paused?

Would also be ok, the transmitter has to remember this anyway, so it can also be in the config, right?

not sure it would be easy, seems the config storage is only available while in the widget config state, need to investigate

1 Like

Sorry, if that here is the wrong place to ask or if I insulted anyone here.

Problem: See the yaapu screen with live sensors, Sensor list in radio shows 4 sensors live. Push ‘discover new’ and go back to yaapu start screen, go back to radio telemetry screen and see 11 additional sensors found, but not live.

Radio - FrSky X10 with EdgeTX 2.9.4
RX - FrSky Archer RS set on inv. F.Port
FC - SpeedyBee F405 Wing Mini AP Plane 4.5.0

Hi,
yaapu does not use sensors but rather injects fake sensors into edgetx/opentx, what you see is expected beahviour.
Check Telemetry sensors discovery · yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript Wiki · GitHub

So while the widget is running all sensors will be updated by the widget itself, when the widget is paused (other lua script sunning from the system menu or while inside an opentx/edgetx menu) the sensors are not updated

EDIT - fixed probably. Leaving post for info
Hi,
Does anyone know what may be causing my X20s (ethos) to crash into emergency mode when I swipe onto a Yaapu screen?
Strangely some models are fine. All are on CRSF. Settings look the same between models that are fine and ones that crash it. Have deleted sensors etc.

EDIT. It looks like having title on causes it.