An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi, perhaps it’s not the perfect solution but it’s all it can be done right now.
Logging is probably the weak point, investigating if there’s a way to log them

Bertrand apparently does not want to create sensors via LUA … then this is a solution for now.

By the way, how do you get the graphs for Altitude and Throttle in your example above? I have there only a numerical value and can not set anything (Ethos 1.4.3 on X18S).

Hi, use the “Line Chart” widget

1 Like

Hi Alex,

does the setup button of ArduPlane work for you?

ethos_arduplane

Updated Horus version to 2.0.0 beta 2

• new maps layout
  • new plot layout
  • ethos theme support

download from github as usual (from dev branch)

2 Likes

Loaded the 2.0 beta 2. its keep saying no telemetry data and “DISARMED”, even though the plane is Armed. it also says no GPS, but I have 12 GPS/3d lock. I had an older version that was working fine.

Do we have to configure something first in the radio?

I simply copied the files over to old data on the SD card.

When i power cycle the TX the open tx does say telemetry lost and upon power the TX it says telemetry recovered, but on the screen its keep saying No Telemetry data.

Also no sensor data is appearing inside the Horus.

very confused.

Hi,
just to double check I did a clean install of version 2.0.0 beta2 both on OpenTX 2.3.15 and EdgeTX 2.8RC2 and everything is working fine.
A few checks that you might want to do:

• version 2.0.0 has a new filesystem layout, everything but the maps is under /WIDGETS/yaapu
  • older config files are not used anymore (they were in a different position), if you had CRSF enabled you need to reenable it
  • older sensor files have the same problem they need to be moved to the new location.

All this is explained inb the wiki Installation on Horus radios · yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript Wiki · GitHub

Hi,

Double checked everything. Here is my sd card screen shots and mission planner settings. Still doesn’t work.

Filesystem seems allright.
If you’re using CRSF/ELRS you need to have the CRSF option enabled in the widget as well
In any case I need more details to help you out.
ArduPilot/PX4 version, frsky/crsf/elrs, OpenTX/EdgeTX, MavToPT ?
If you do not get GPS on the radio the problem is not my widget but your ardupilto configuration or wiring

Hi, I just disabled the CRSF option as I am not using ELRS. The wiring should be fine as it was perfectly fine till I installed 2.0 beta 2.

FC = 2.4.8 Pixhawk
FirmWare: Latest Ardu plane.
Open TX: version 2.3.7

The Yaapu cable is connected to Serial TELEMETRY 2

Here is how the serial 2 is configured.

Not sure what I am doing wrong :frowning:

Why it is not discovering any sensors data?

In mission planner, hud you can see sats are acquired.

serial2_protocol should be 10, in your screenshot is showing 3

dah… finally working. So I was doing two things incorrectly. My widgets were setup incorrectly. Also the FC has to be rebooted after parameter changes.

But now we have a new problem. When you set the radio to discover new sensors, after few seconds I am getting this blue screen with the word “Disabled” at the upper left hand corner. let me upload the screen shot via phone.

I made a video but the web site wont let me post it. In a nutshell everything works fine for few seconds then u get this disabled message.

Even if I disable the sensor and power recycle the radio its doing the same thing. Works for few seconds and then disabled message comes up.

Can you relook at my sd card screen shots. It appears I may be missing some maps under

IMAGES/yaapu/maps

The 2.0 beta zip file maps do not match the maps shown on the wiki.

Hi, your widget is crashing, go to the widget settings and check the message there

Alex, its 5:30 AM in US so hitting the bed. Please also check my comment above about IMAGES/Yaapu map contents not matching what shown on wiki page as far as what should be inside the maps folder.

I will touch base with you once I get up.

Also, Please comment on this . Thank you.

Few questions for you guys: The Horus X10S has built Bluetooth module. If I enable Bluetooth and set it for telemetry, is it possible to transmit telemetry data via Bluetooth to an android phone running Telemetry data viewer app and broadcast it to uavradar.org I know people are using TBS Crossfire to accomplish the same but I am wondering why it can not be done just using the radio built in bluetooth? Also, can we run Yaapu script at the same time if enable the bluetooth telemetry? @yaapu

It does not match because it depends on what map tiles you download form google, it’s a user choice, so as along as you select the correct map in the widget menu is fine

1 Like

which EdgeTX/OpenTX version do you have?

Open TX: version 2.3.7