An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hi cell count override is per model just like anything you set in the script config menu

1 Like

This is a good idea!
I feel more familar to see the total battery voltage in big digits.
I changed the config and it works for me.

1 Like

That’s right. And I should have known that but it was late in the night and I was sleep deprived lol. Think I will just set cell count manually since this plane will always be 6s

1 Like

Yep. Its a great idea…i wanted to change this long time ago…but did not know that i can do this by a simple cell count selection in script menu😀
Thanks Alex…we always learn something

1 Like

One more hint, battery alarms need to be set with the new range, i.e. not cell based but using full battery voltage

1 Like

Hi all,
after upgrade arducopter 4.0.5 to 4.1 script 1.8.1 on my radiomaster, stop working. If downgrade again to 4.0.5 yappu works well.
Do i need to update the script?
Thanks

EDIT: update yaapu script to 1.9.5 no works. On pixhawk 1 works well

I have the same question.
ardupilot: 4.0.7
yaapu widget 1.9.5
I can get rpm data in MP from aux pin, but radio can not show that

Hi, rpm requires ArduPilot 4.1

ok, I will try to update , thanks

Look like it is the custom GMapCatcher has the issue after 4 attempts
So i download the latest GMap then resize them all good

1 Like

Hi Alex-Is your script good to go with EdgeTx? It’s at a Stable release with a compatible Companion version which is what I was waiting for before testing it.

1 Like

Hi Dave, not yet.
EdgeTX up to 2.4 used an OpenTX compatible LUA API but from version 2.5 up the EdgeTX dev team opted to fork the LUA API and now scripts working with OpenTX 2.3.x do not work anymore and need some rework. Future EdgeTX LUA API will diverge even more

1 Like

Thanks for that info Alex. I suspect many will be interested to know that. So, I’ll stick with OpenTx for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

well that looks like the last nail in the coffin for ETHOS for me
so i will not update my radios now ETHOS Lua Scripting Update

Work is progressing on Lua Scripting for ETHOS and I have some screenshots to share. Lots of work left to do but focused on it now. Although ETHOS script text will look like other Lua scripts used with other OS systems it will use its own scripting.

Yeah, slowly getting there… fingers crossed.

@dkemxr Dave I added support for EdgeTX to my widget, if you feel like testing, well, feedback is welcome :slight_smile:

Yaapu Widget 1.9.6 dev

That’s exciting! I’ll get a beer and start in on the transition :grinning:

One of those Major Milestones I would say!

I’m happy to report that it’s working!! A bit of fumbling with the EdgeTx Interface because it’s the 1st time I have seen it but but that installed, flew a model to make sure the models transitioned and then configured Yaapu Screen 1 and 2 and it’s good :grinning: Swiping to change screens is pretty cool.

A lot to play around with now. Thanks Alex.

Edit: Configured all the models, it’s very fast with the touch screen, so far so good.

2 Likes

Update. Tested with Copter, Plane and Rover all working! I didn’t fly the Plane bench only but flew and drove the others.
EdgeTx with your Widgets is very cool :grinning:

And just a comment on the process of switching over. I used a new Sd card to load the EdgeTx contents plus the MODELS and RADIO subdirectories from OpenTx then copied the Yaapu Sd card contents over. Updated the firmware on the radio and the models transferred and everything just worked after setting up the widgets. Those do not transfer you have to configure them again.

3 Likes

Thank you very much Dave!

1 Like

Just installed the version you linked above on Edge 2.5.0. Everything looks good. The only thing I noticed is that when I’m on the Yaapu telemetry page the touch screen will not bring up the menu that is normally accessible on the regular telemetry pages. But the old fashion buttons still work :slight_smile:

I haven’t flown it yet, only connected to a plane. I’ll try to fly it this weekend and I’ll report back if I notice anything.

Thanks again for this amazing script!

1 Like