An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Alex, when the script will be touchscreen ready?
Thanks!

ah :thinking:…when the radios and OpenTX will be touchscreen ready :slight_smile:

Jokes apart as soon as OpenTX will add official touchscreen support I will try to incorporate it in my widgets, OpenTX 2.4 will also allow to send keyboard events to widgets so I will no longer need an external config tool, and navigation from page to page will be simpler.

I played a bit with the NV14 simulator with touchscreen enabled and it worked fine even though touch screen requires looking at the screen to be effective while switches and buttons allow for “navigation by memory”, a mix of the two approaches is indeed the perfect solution!

1 Like

Hi all just a quick question how does it work out cell voltage my one is all ways in the red and never right

Go to the Yaapu Config and you can set the number of battery cells. batt[1] cell count override. This fixed the problem for me.

Thanks for that will go fix and test it now :+1:

Alex, this an AP, not LUA issue, but perhaps you can point me in the right direction.

I can’t get any FrSky telemetry from one of my boards: https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/frsky-telemetry-yaapu-working-on-f405-failing-on-bb-blue/

Hi,
you probably have a timing issue on the serial port, linux boards are too slow in responding, ardupilot checks how long it takes for the FC to respond to the frsky polling and if too slow discards the response.
You should get good results with an external ESP32 board running the MavToPT firmware by @Eric_Stockenstrom

Alex

Thank you, Alex. I’m ordering a Teensy 3.2 (don’t need the wireless features in ESP32). I can see how that would solve my problem.

Does your response imply that none of the Linux boards support SERIAL_PROTOCOL 10?

Yeah, I’m afraid so, never heard of a success using direct linux to sport connection :frowning:

Thank you, Alex. That’s too bad. If it’s a known limitation, we should probably document it. Is there a wiki page I can add this information to? I feel this is mostly of interest to Linux users, but I don’t know if there’s a Linux-specific page in the wiki.

That would help, I never had a chance to play with a Linux based ardupilot FC, so no first hand info here but there were a couple support request for a similar setup and both had timing issues

1 Like

Hi Alex, I have one question on you: on my TX16S (2.3.9) your script is working well, except of the Battery low alert. If the voltage is going under set Batt alert level 1 or 2, nothing happens. No voice alert, no blinking value. Please, could you help me with this issue? (Rx is R161, FC is Matek F765_4.0.7)

Hi, too little info to debug your problem, post a screenshot of the widget running and of the config menu where you set the alertsa and optionally cell count override

Here are the pictures. Please, let me know, if something more you will need.
Btw also the timer is not working well by me. Sometimes it counts up to 5-6 s and that is all.

I guess the timer is ground speed dependent, similar than in the MP. OK, but in the widget is not dislayed the ground speed, but the air speed, as I found out. In my opinion it should be better to display the ground/GPS speed instead, not to be confused. So, the timer seems to be OK by me.
Regarding the low battery voltage alert: the warning is very important and it should arrive despite of other conditions have not been met, but it was not triggered even if the throttle was armed.
Please, advice, what is wrong here.

Hi, no clues about the battery alarm, can’t reproduce it, such an issue wouldn’t have gone unnoticed though, must be something trivial on your side even though I can’ thing of anything…try deleting the cfg file /SCRIPTS/YAAPU/CFG/hdwing.cfg to rest all settings to default.

Hi Alex, I tried to delete the cfg file - no change. I updated the radio by OpenTX 2.3.10 and set all from the beginning, including creating a new model setting - still the same behavior, no low battery warning.
On the Frsky telemetry script issues page I found one your message from 18-Sep, that you disabled the low voltage warnings over some user selected throttle threshold. Please, where can be set this threshold? (to check, if this could be the cause of my issue)

Hi Alex great job with the widget, I don’t expect you to waste your time leading me through my setup but would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction as to my setup. On RCGroups.com it says INAVE/Betaflight is this correct as I have yet to find anyone using it on betaflight. It is the maps I’m trying to use. My setup is F4 controller using soft serial, Jumper R1 receiver and Radiomaster T16s. On the radio I have all he controller data and have tried iNAV and it works but when running Yaapu no sensors are detected except GPS at which time the map is populated but the no telemetry banner is still on screen.
I have ordered a FrSky Yaapu Telemetry Converter Cable Pixhawk to Horus just in case its needed but how do you setup passthrough 10 in betaflight?

Thanks in advance to you or anyone who could give me any help
Geoff

Hi, for betaflight you need yaapu maps, which is another widget, look here

cheers

Hi Alex
Thanks for the reply I feel such a fool I didn’t realise that this map was not map page5 of the main program. Thank you so much all now working!
Thanks once again
Geoff

1 Like