An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Yes, my setup ist FC Matek F765.Version of Arduplane 4.0.7.

It should have a voltage sensor?

yes, frsky FLVSS/MLVSS voltage sensor or battery monitor to be enabled by BATT1_MONITOR

Does the FC765 have a current sensor?

Sven please read the docs, https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-matekf765-wing.html writing them took many hours, this place is for support questions about my script, for general setup please post in the relevant threads

Please don’t get me wrong, you’re welcome to come back and ask for support once your basic setup is working :+1:

Thank you.

Sensors lost when I leave Yaapu. That is normal?

yes is normal, sensors are created by the widget and all widgets are paused when in the SYS/TELE/MDL menus

Thank you, it`s work all

Setup in Arduplane was wrong

1 Like

Hi everybody,
I have released a new beta version for Horus class radios 1.9.3 , biggest new features are google maps support downloaded via Mission Planner maps prefetch tool and message history scrolling for up to 200 messages.

code is on github as usual

docs on setting up google maps is here

I wrote a simple tool (pretty fast) to resize and copy tiles from the MissionPlanner offline tiles cache to the SD card (or a temp folder), my tool supports map, sat, hybrid and terrain google maps

Google maps have to be enabled in the config menu since support for older format is set as default.
Quick comparison between google maps and bing maps, guess who is who :slight_smile:

Screenshot of the scrollable message history for up to 200 messages (lower right the 3/4 in yellow means autoscroll is disabled to enable scroll all the way and will become 4/4 in white)

In the config menu zoom control channel has become “emulated wheel channel” for now the same channel will be used to control message scrolling.
The way the emulated wheel works is middle do nothing, up increase every 2sec, down decrease every 2 sec.

changelog:

Horus version 1.9.3 (beta)

• added support for google maps downloaded via MissionPlanner
  • new tiles resize tool for google maps supporting sat and hybrid maps
  • new zoom control using a switch as up/down wheel emulator
  • added scrollable status message history (up to 200 messages) using the emulated wheel
  • added flight time to message history
  • added a status bar in message view with flight mode and flight time
  • improved mini HUD in maps view
  • many memory and speed optimizations

Horus version 1.9.1 (beta)

• added support for crossfire
  • added new dual battery modes
  • added new right pane layouts
  • added support for THERMAL flight mode
  • fixed boat flight modes
  • fixed PX4 flight modes

cheers,

Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex Hope all is well
Do we need to redo all the config files for all vehicles 1.9.3 (beta) ?

The zoom control option has changed in wheel emulation, all other options should be retained

@Alex, how do you save parameters after making changes? I made few changes on alert, batt capacity, etc. but after the power cycle, my transmitter falls back to default settings.

I am running 1.8 version

save is automatic whenever an item is modified, perhaps an issue with your model name?

Error:
Script syntax error
/Models/Yaapu/grxl.cfg

What is it and how do you fix it?

Hi Alex, Great work! Will have some fun testing in following days.

P.S.
I am waiting eagerly to test crossfire passthrough telemetry. AFAIK still not merged into ardupilot/master ?

Hi Alex,

Does this include RPM1 & RPM2 for helicopters?

No, RPM1 and RPM2 is waiting for an ardupilot PR to get in, it’s a matter of days, after that we’ll have RPM’s, problem is in Italy I’m not allowed to fly right now, we’re still under a partial lockdown in my town:-(

refers to “hybrid” and “tether” panels, which display voltage/power and energy in a different way, need to add more docs to the wiki

Okay, that make sense, thanks Alex. :+1:

@Alex, Here is the error message I am getting when I try to save parameters. I changed the model name but same issue.

Error:
Script syntax error
/Models/Yaapu/grxl.cfg

What is it and how do you fix it?

added some docs on how to download and setup google maps

2 Likes