30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Hi Mohammad
We suggest that you can try the 24km mode. The 40km mode is only suggested for certain scenes which is clearly written in the manual.

Itā€™s true that 64GB SD card does not work properly with R1 Recording Camera. We are working on this and will try to update asap.

@SIYI Great you are back Frank, I missed you.
Of course, the cam is a new thing, I can wait for .mp4.
By the way. The Airunit arrived and works now (bench test only, due to bad weather).
I seems the short inverse Power and/or the missing antennas where the reason for the failure.

Hi Frank, I am going to be attempting a 36km mission, and already purchased 2 17db (Maple Wireless) antennas for the mission from your store. ArxangelRC on Youtube confirmed his HM30 works on 40km mode but mine will not maintain connection. Regardless of which antenna I use.

Please help with 2 questions.

1. Will I be able to complete my mission in 24km mode, even thought I will be 36km out?
  2. How can I flash the ā€œVideoVerā€ and ā€œSkyVideoVerā€ to both be 0.2.2 since you can see they are mismatched (SkyVideoVer is 0.2.1). Maybe this is what is preventing 40km mode from working?

Either way, I would like to get 40km mode working just for sanity during testing. Unless 24km and 40km mode both use the same output power?

1 Like

@lorbass can you check for me if 40km mode works on your HM30?

40km connects, but with interrupts of about 2 seconds(blue LED of ground unit).
The video is to see, the Telemetrie and TX was not tested.
5, 8 and 24 km works normally. Just bench test inside, with stick antennas.

Yeah mine goes red (no connection whatsoever to radio) and only connects for 1 second every so often. Iā€™m hoping it can be fixed by setting the video versions same on airunit and ground unit. Awaiting Frankā€™s response.

Thank you Frank,

Getting frustrated on not getting it working!

Hope you had a good New Years

Mike E

Iā€™ve sent multiple emails to support@siyi.biz and gotten no replies for weeks on end. Really hoping i can get some help with matching the skyvideover and videover.

Hey guys- When dealing with Chinese companies it is really important to remember that the end of January to the 2nd week of February- the entire country goes on Holiday. During this period you can expect no responses as they are all gone. Also-because of being gone for so long there will be a huge backlog of stuff to get done and typically support is lower priority than making money. Give them until March to get back to full speed. =)

@SIYI

Hi,

I have an issue with the HM30, it just stopped working one day.

Right now on the air unit, the FPV status indicator is fixed red or yellow, link status indicator is off and RF status indicator is blinking red 3 times then pause then blinking 3 times

I had a similar issue. But I guess it was my fault. One time I made a inverse polarity of the power supply
for the air unit. After that it worked again. But later forgott to assemble one antenne stick.
Here the connection process after that with left top the Battery indication, left down the Airunit and
right the Ground Unit.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HgwEkIMEpa6cjiDkzr4iBTH-Q_vyv-D/view?usp=sharing
Ordered another Airunit, and it works again.

First Testflight with HM30, Stick Antennas, 5 km Range and Recording Camera Altitude 40m (130 feet)
Here the File of the Recording Cam:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Wfsda9-i3NxFSEh5vdC1jnghjMGqz4j/view?usp=sharing
This can be played with the recommended App PotPlayer only.

And here the video recorded with a screen recorder when playing the PotPlayer with that File.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-MPpHUpleYqebUXHqDrVtbOwY6KGTgOO/view?usp=sharing

Two Results:

• Range 1000 m until the download Video frozen.
  • Recorded Video from the cam verry bad quatlity or the Player for this format not useful.

A same second Testflight with the small Patch Antennas allowed a Distance to Home of 1450 m
until the Video frozen.
In both flights the TX commands and the Telemetry worked, happily.

Thanks for your reply,

On my side, I did not touch anything, maybe itā€™s my 12v 5A BEC which failed for a short time.
I already ordered a new one and will send the old one to Siyi

Interestingly, Google Drive recognized the .264 file and can play it within a web browser.

I downloaded the file and used ffmpeg to convert it with the following command:
ffmpeg -probesize 10M -i siyi_005.264 -c copy siyi_005.mp4

The output is playable on other media players but seems to contain a few artifacts that arenā€™t present in the original. Iā€™m not well enough versed in ffmpeg to determine the reason.

Counterintuitively, I get a better result when re-encoding with x264 like this:
x264 siyi_005.264 -o siyi_005.mp4

All of this can be done for free using Linux or WSL, and you can install the required packages from the command line on a Debian based distribution like so:
sudo apt install ffmpeg x264

@Yuri_Rage Yes interesting.
Was the quality after your conversion OK or where the same ugly scenes?

I use Windos as OS and have no experience with Linux.

But there is another bad characteristic of the SIYI Cam. @SIYI
The image is heavily distorted. The street down is straight.
May be due to the large lense angle. Perhaps useful for Racing, but
NOT for FPV with Postprocessing and posting on Social Media.

So I will use another cam for this like Gopro or Fimi Palm.

@lorbass, using the x264 method, the video was very good - I saw no additional artifacts after encoding. I did the encoding on Windows 11 under WSL2. If you do an Internet search for WSL2, itā€™s very easy to enable (itā€™s a Windows component), and I gave you all the commands needed in the post above once you have a terminal available.

Thanks for help, Your info motivates me to try it.
Just had a look here: Run Linux GUI apps with WSL | Microsoft Learn
But seems to need Windows 11
You will need to be on Windows 11 Build 22000 or higher to access this feature.

I use still Win 10, Iā€™m careful with upgrades. 2 bugs solved, 3 built-in.(Remember Win Vista, Win8 where flops.)
Are you happy with?

Iā€™m happy with Windows 11, but you donā€™t need to upgrade to use WSL2. And you donā€™t need the additional complexity required to run GUI apps. This is all command line.

Hello Frank
I am Japanese
I have a question
(1) The instruction manual states that siyifpy on wifi and QGC by Bluetooth should not be used at the same time.
I really want to check the QGC data while looking at the image.
Is it NG to use wifi and bluetooth at the same time?
(2) The cost of Siyiā€™s LAN ā†’ HDMI converter is very expensive.
Is it possible to substitute a commercial product such as that sold by ail etc.?
(Are there any recommended devices?)
ā‘¢ Currently, I am using a personal computer (Windows machine) from the ground station via LAN or USB.
I want to watch the video from the camera in real time, but it doesnā€™t work
I donā€™t think it takes so many steps, but if you like, please explain in detail how to do it.
Is it possible to do the same on an android tablet?
(ā‘¢ is a method to avoid using wifi and bluetooth at the same time)