30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Where in the manual dit you read this?
I used this:

I tried a cheap one. But unusable Latency.

I tried this also. It dit not work or I did it wrong. In the EasyPlayer is nowhere a field to input the Ip Nr.
Only fieles can be played. Whould like to get more detailed Infos also.

Thanks for the reply.
About ①
It is described in 2.2.1-3 of the manual.
”3. It is also suggested not to run SIYI FPV and QGroundControl at the same
time, not even running one at backstage, as it still occupies bandwidth thereby
lower the communication range. ”
Still, I’m very happy if there is no problem using them at the same time.
② It’s a shame.
After all, what you can use is made by Siyi.
③ I will do my best to take on the challenge, and if you know, please give me new information.

I use MissionPlanner with Bluetooth and WiFi with a Tablet for the Video.
WiFi in the MP Tablet disabled!
Tested already with 2 Flights. Stick Antennas max 1km, small Patch Antennas max. 1.4 km until freezing Video. See post 172

The USB did not work for the Videolink with my Tablet.

lorbass
Thank you for your reply.
That information is very useful.
By the way, when using wifi and Bluetooth together and using wifi alone, does the range of radio waves become longer when using wifi alone?
In the 172 report, the distance was 1km, but is there a longer range of radio waves with wifi alone?

So far only 2 tests made. 1km with stick Antennas, 1.4 km with the small Patch Antennas.
Will make tests later with MissionPlanner from USB via Cable. But waiting after bad Wether period
of some Days.

I asked this in RCGroups, but did not get an answer there, so I try here once more - the channel control input to HM30 ground unit can be according to docs S.BUS, PPM, or UART. S.BUS and PPM are clear, but is there further information about the UART mode?

What I am especially looking for, are:
a) UART baudrate/settings expected, and
b) protocol description (how to encode the channel data via UART - as int8, uint8, int16, uint16, smth. else, by multibyte - the endianness expected)? Required header, footer and/or checksum?

Thanks!

Create your own S-Bus Output when you are working with Microprocessors.
Here the Specification:
https://os.mbed.com/users/Digixx/notebook/futaba-s-bus-controlled-by-mbed/
or:
https://github-wiki-see.page/m/uzh-rpg/rpg_quadrotor_control/wiki/SBUS-Protocol

Thank you @lorbass for your reply. I am aware of how PPM and S.BUS protocols work (and that S.BUS basically is a serial stream at 100.000 baud 8N2, although inverted UART. Have done some tinkering with the radios and their internals, see: Risto's blog - RC Groups).

As the Siyi HM30 docu lists also a third input option UART for the RC port, I am curious if @SIYI could shed some light on how to use it.

Here the page from the user manual in question:

I have a further question about the antennas on the ground and the air unit. Does HM30 have diversity or is one antenna used for receive and the other for transmit?

I’v seen i a YT Video someone with a Tracker and HM30. One Antenna was a large Patch the other
a Stick. Would mean that’s Diversity. Else one direction would disconnect with a large distance.

Previous reply from SIYI seemed to indicate that only SBus is supported at present, and other protocols were still in development despite the documentation.

I tried also PPM via cable, it works. I use S-Bus via a Receiver, like here:

But not yet tested for a long Range. It would allow to work without cable from the Groundstation
to HM30 on a tripod and later with a tracker.

1 Like

I use SBus in a similar fashion with a receiver, and it works well.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I have the HM30 since about 2 months ago. The wifi for video very seldom functioning properly. It just won’t connect to the phones/tablet (I have Samsung phone, Vivo phone and Samsung tablet). So, no-go for the SIYI FPV apps. Video through LAN cable is OK, but lagging about 1 sec. Mavlink data through cable and Bluetooth however, is good.

One thing that is still a concern is the temperature of the Ground unit. Is 50 Degree Celcius measured at the heat sink common to everyone here?

thanks

I haven’t measured mine, but it gets quite hot for sure.

For your informaiton, only S.Bus connection is available for RC signal input on HM30 air unit. If you are interested in detail of RC signal input through all three ports mentioned in the manual, welcome to have a check of the FM30 radio system, which supports switching to different RC signal input.
FM30_User_Manual_en_v1.1.pdf (884.0 KB)

1 Like

When you are at home, your Phone/Tablet is connected to the Home WiFi Net.
You have to select SIYI
SAM_1220

Even in the Field, with no Home Net, I must switch first to get the Link.

Thank you for the answer Frank! I get it - only S.BUS at the moment with HM30.
It would be neat, if the user manual would in such case list only S.BUS for now, or at least mention that presently only S.BUS is implemented and the others might be added in the future.

Can you please answer also my second question I had about the antenna connections - are the two antennas on HM30 ground unit and air unit both for receiving/transmitting or is only one of them for transmission and another for reception? Thank you.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I will try to update the user manual asap.

The standard omni antenna is the same on both ground unit and air unit. It receives and transmits.

1 Like

Thank you for considering to update the manual!

About my second question - it was not about the antennas, but the RF-stage. There are two antenna connections on ground unit and as well as on air unit.
What I ask is if both of the connections are used for RX/TX (diversity) or if one of the connections is used for RX and the other for TX?

By reading one of your earlier answers you recommended to put both antennas vertically and parallel to each other - but in case of diversity I could also put one vertically and one horizontally (the same on the aircraft as well), to even better capture the radio waves e.g. during banks/turns, when the aircraft is tilted relative to earth. My question was motivated to better understand this.