30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

@SIYI Hi Frank. I’ve been reading the thread and I think this is an amazing product. I belong to Peregrines Group, a colombian UAV company that recently has become a SIYI dealer. We’ve bought a MK15 HM30 dual RC combo some day ago. We’ve got the handle of the dual RC functions (Relay RC and Dual RC) and have tested it. However, we’ve been thinking about some functionalities we want to implement for some UAV. We wish to place an HM30 at a set point and then use it to connect a MK15 with the UAV through it, in order to double the signal range.

Thus, we want to know if it’s possible to use the HM30 as a repeater between a UAV and the MK15 RC. And if the first approach thought, connecting the MK15’s air unit to the HM30 to get the signal of my UAV’s HM30 air unit on my MK15, would be possible. Or if we need to set up another kind of arrangement.

Thank you for your attention.

Hi @SIYI have you got the solution with TELEM? I have connected MK32E with QGC air unit to CUAV V5+, and data I have sbus and telem going down to MK32E but nothing goes from QGC to autopilot. I have checked TX pin on air unit with osciloscope. Nothing. Please can you help?

I had the solution. Just add 2 IP addressed in UDP connection in QGC

Air Unit IP Address: 192.168.144.11
Remote Conroller IP Address: 192.168.144.12

Hello Everyone

SIYI releases a new Ethernet to HDMI output converter which is compatible with HM30. Welcome to have a look!

does it run any cooler than the previous hot box?

hello I bought SIYI hm30 but I don’t know much I’m USING PIXHAWK 2.4.8 I DON’T KNOW HOW TO CONNECT AND I HAVE NO INTERNET PORT ON MY LAPTOP I Bought Internet Converter to USB BUT I CANNOT CONNECT IT, CAN YOU HELP ME ABOUT THESE THINGS PLEASE?

I would say, first try WiFi. You can always buy an Ethernet dongle for your laptop if needed

Passive cooling
Aluminum case

hello, I just bought SIYI HM 30, I have pixhawk 2.4.8, can you help me with the whole installation and finally send the latest software of the product?

hello, how do we connect a microphone to SIYI HM 30?

155 dollars!!

Is it made of pure gold?!

@SIYI , my HM30 ground unit OLED display has stopped working. Is it user-replaceable?

Please email to support@siyi.biz

Hi,

I have a pixhawk connected to the HM30 Air Unit. I also have a motor control board to which data received from the motor is sent. (I have access to control board software) I am getting pixhawk data via Type-C. Uart port is empty. How can I send my motor data to the HM30 Ground Unit?

Hello, I am trying HM30 for telemetry and video link. I managed to enable video link through UDP. There are challenges for telemetry though. Telemetry works well with SIK radios for the same setup.

1. Bluetooth: SIYI-6Axxxx device can be connected with pin # 1234, but it is disconnected in a few seconds, both in Windows 11 and Linux (Ubuntu 22.04)
  2. Type-C USB: When plugged in, COM6 port shows in the device selection in Windows 11. At QGC, created a COM6 port comm link. “Connect” click gives permission error. In Ubuntu 22.04, /dev/ttyAMC0 is formed when type-C to USB is plugged in. After creating a comm link, “Connect” generates permission error. Added user to dialout group, but still get the same permission error after reboot.
  3. UDP network: There seems to be uplink data going, but not downlink. Datalink statistics show: ValidPack: 84, PackRate: 105, DateUp: 17, DataDown:0. Maybe the cable issue, where TX and RX are swapped?
    The telemetry cable has these connections - is this correct?
  • FC #2 TX (out) → Air Unit RX
  • FC #3 RX → Air Unit TX
  1. UART to USB: I do not have any cable for it.

Current firmware is 0.1.9. Wanted to update firmware to 0.2.0, but SIYI firmware download site does not produce download with clicks.

The other question for dual video link:
What would be a network configuration at UAV with 2x cameras (SIYI A8)? Is there a recommended on-board router for 2x camera feed to air unit?

I would appreciate your support.

Have a question to community. What max ranges did you achived with omni antennas ?
I have weird issue:

• When my quadcopter is on the ground, on the mountain, I have pretty good connection at 6.5 km, direct visibility. Around - 75 dbm
  • But when it is flying , exactly at same position, setup and place - at 4 km I getting < -82 dbm and connection drops as result. Any ideas why ? Vibrations on antenna ? Antennas and cables are far from motors / esc’s

Hi @SIYI - can you confirm the wiring requirements for obtaining the RSSI? If my SBUS input is already occupied on my FC is there another way of achieving this?

Hello @SIYI

I have recently bought a batch of SIYI R1M FPV cameras. My problem is that the output format of the video is H265, but everywhere in the documentation and the website it says H264. My system works with only H264 video output.

In the earlier version of the FPV camera, we could change the encoding format through the camera setup page, but that page is not working anymore in the new batch. Please let me know how I can change the encoding to H264.

Thank you.

Frank, could you please help with upgrading a hdmi converter? I have 2 pcs, and upgrading with sd/tf card isnt working for me. curip and setip files didnt appear after rebooting

Another question for SiYI. I have bought the LAN to HDMI converter, but i can’t find any documentation about pinout or settings for conection. Here https://shop.siyi.biz/products/siyi-ethernet-to-hdmi-converter pointed, that it can work as HDMI to LAN converter, if it would coneected to air unit, but thereis no ianformation how i can change modes. It appeard in the LAN as 192.168.144.50 for first time without access to any ports. I inserted SD card and set the IP as 192.168.144.26 so it changed the IP to 26 and open 23 (telnet) port. What should be the next step?