30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Telemetry with UDP should work (most of the time) with QGroundcontrol. I do have a system where QGC does not work, don’t know why yet. Other than that, I know no other GCS packages that work for telemetry with the HM30. I have spend a lot of time debugging the issues without support of SIYI until now. I’m afraid it will take time before we can expect a solution. One of the open questions is why SIYI is using 2 UDP ports for telemetry.

I still have on-going outsourced debugging work. I need to know the source of the problem…

Hi there,

I am having issues with the UDP LAN based connectivity of the HM30. Despite setting the datalink to UDP and setting the following network settings for my Ethernet interface:

IP: 192.168.144.20
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.144.12

I get no network traffic - no blinking lights on my USB-C Ethernet adapter. I also tested on a confirmed auto MDI-X compatible switch (in case of TX-RX error) and had no success either.

I continuity tested the provided cable and all appears to be working. I’ve read through much of this forum but can’t find anyone else with a similar issue - potentially the LAN port on the HM30 is malfunctioning?

Device Info:

FirmwareVer: 0.1.9
SkyFirmwareVer: 5.2.4
VideoVer: 0.2.2
SkyVideoVer:0.2.2

I should say that the other datalink mechanisms work fine (i.e mavlink and video over the internal wifi with same static IP setup) but it is dealbreaker for me to have this setup with a wired LAN.

Any advice @SIYI?

There is probably no driver for for your ethernet chip on the USB-C port

This seems very unlikely as the USB-C to Ethernet adapter works fine with any other networked devices - including a SIyi ZR10.

Siyi confirmed this glitch by mail after a very long correspondence and promised to remove UDP datalink function from the description because it does not work

well at least we have an answer. Incredibly frustrating as this was the main reason we purchased the kit in the first place :man_facepalming:

This doesn’t seem like the same issue I am having. I noticed in your previous posts that you were able to ping the ground station IP - I literally get zero network activity on that interface. The UDP datalink functionality at the protocol level clearly works - it is perfectly functional when using the internal wifi capability - for whatever reason, the physical LAN port for me is simply not functioning.

To be clear, if your USB-C to Ethernet adapter is connected to the HM30 GU the driver issue could be the problem. Otherwise, it is another issue. I, as well as others have the physical LAN port running. So, it should be a hardware issue somewhere.

In general, the LAN port works. This for Video as well as Telemetry on QGC. The telemetry has an issue on MP and others like UgCS. The last one is still under investigation. If SIYI now states; “remove UDP datalink function from the description” this means they don’t want to / never did investigate the issue and that worries me about the stability of the (future) firmware on other products.

I didn’t remember that I sent such an email. Show me, please

To who is concerning, I am working with the team on the HM30 LAN/UDP issue. I’ll post the update as soon as I got progress

1 Like

Apologies - I should have been clearer - the setup is as follows:

Laptop → USB C to Ethernet → provided RJ45 to 4 pin JST-GH 1.25 → HM30 Ground Unit

I am confident in the functionality of the USB C to Ethernet converter as I use it successfully with other devices.

@SIYI - does this sound like an issue with the LAN port on the HM30 Ground Unit? If so, I will just request a replacement from the local reseller and cross my fingers.

Are you 100% sure the cable USB C to Ethernet → provided RJ45 to 4 pin JST-GH 1.25 → HM30 Ground Unit is good? Wires could be swapped. I had 5 of those in the past

1 Like

Looks like I’ve got a wrong one! I naively assumed that if continuity and auto-crossover detection were enabled that it’d be fine. I failed to consider a shift of one of the wires instead of just inversion…

I will rewire and give it a try - thanks for this, much appreciated!

Its working now… thanks again! @SIYI - might want to add this check to the manual or get some better QA!

Hello,
I’m quite happy with my HM30 unit, now is time for me to buy a new radio controller, I would like to buy one with an integrated screen like the MK15 from Siyi, if buy it, is it possible to bind my HM30 with the new MK15?

I saw some combos MK15 + HM30, so I’m guessing it might be possible.

Yes, you can
The HM30 link is compatible with both MK15 and MK32

The MK15 HM30 combo is probably for dual combo.
Dual version comes with “Dual Operator” and “RC Relay” features. Normal version does not.

Thank your for the answer Frank, in this case, how does it work? the air unit is bind to the HM30 and then the HM30 is bind to the MK15/32? this might extend the range, right?

With normal combos, the ground unit and the air unit are binding one-on-one.

With dual combos, two ground units can bind to the same air unit.

ok, it’s a shame that bridging between two ground units to reach the air unit is not possible, it would extend the range.